Second Skin Audio

Another Peel & Seal thread... but not what you think

You know how they say time is money. Well when you spend all that time putting Peel and seal on to find out it falls off and you have to tear down the whole vehicle again and take it off then finally put the right stuff on that will perform.

now did you really save any money doing that?

If you dont have the money right now your best is to save until you can put the right product on. Do the project once but do it right.

• Like (+1 Rep) 1

is u-seal the same as peel and seal?

it seems that 100% coverage is still cheaper than 25% coverage of CLD tiles?

12 square feet of peel and seal is about $10-$20 at lowes. I picked up a slightly used one for $12 the first time I tried it out.

How much would 12 square feet of CLD tiles or other sound deadener cost?

Peel & Seal is made my MFM. U-Seal is just another form of roofing product. Same construction.

It may seem like it would come out cheaper, but 99% of the time it's not.

Simply put, I was not comparing price per square foot, but rather the price per square foot to achieve the same results.

You need 100%+ coverage with a product like Peel & Seal, but only 25% coverage with a CLD to get the same result.

So let's take your pricing and compare.

12 sq. ft. of Peal & Seal ran you $12. With that amount you were able to treat 12 square feet which equals... well a buck a square foot.

Say you want to treat your entire car which totals 80 square feet of surface area.

At $1 a square foot, it's going to cost you $80 to treat 80 sq. ft. Pretty simple.

Now lets take Damplifier for instance.

20 sq. ft. of Damplifier will run you about $76 (plus or minus any sort of discount).

Since only a quarter of the amount of Damplifier is needed (a 6" x 6" square per square foot) to achieve the same OR better results as the P&S, that 20 sq. ft. of Damplifier will be able to treat the entire 80 sq. ft. you are wanting to accomplish.

If we break that down to the price per square foot...

$76 divided by 80 sq. ft. = $0.95 a square foot price.

Virtually identical price wise... P&S is not cheaper.

Now are you willing to take a chance on a product that was designed to be installed on a roof OR would you rather use a product that was designed from the ground up to be used in an automobiles? Not only that but is guaranteed not to peel, melt, or fall off AND works better.

EDIT: Oh and 12 sq. ft. of a CLD, such as Damplifier, will run you about $55. But remember, that 12 sq. ft. of Damplifier is the equivalent to the performance of 48 sq. ft. of P&S. And if you broke that down to price per square foot, it would be about $1.15 a square foot... 15¢ more than P&S.

Edited by Second Skin Rep Jon

Have a question about Second Skin? E-Mail me!

usa_render4.png

LOL thanks.

P&S in car audio will probably always be an issue, so hopefully by providing people with as much information on the subject will maybe curve it to some degree. One can only hope at least...

Edited by Second Skin Rep Jon

Have a question about Second Skin? E-Mail me!

usa_render4.png

• 8 months later...

This is bullshit. There is no fucking way that peel and seal is not hte shit. You rigged this. Fuck your transducer and all that scientific testing equipment mumbo jumbo. Peel and seal and spray foam for life.

Comments like this make it impossible for people to learn. When someone is given scientific evidence that what they are saying is not true, they keep spewing trash out of their mouths, blaming cheating and lying on the testers part, it infects others around them.

People like you are why the rest of the world hates our country.

I don't claim to know how to solve anything, I just practice the basics. There is nothing worse than wasting hours over a problem that should have taken 5 mins. Anything I post and claim to know, I know simply because of a lesson learned from a mistake on my part.

This is bullshit. There is no fucking way that peel and seal is not hte shit. You rigged this. Fuck your transducer and all that scientific testing equipment mumbo jumbo. Peel and seal and spray foam for life.

Comments like this make it impossible for people to learn. When someone is given scientific evidence that what they are saying is not true, they keep spewing trash out of their mouths, blaming cheating and lying on the testers part, it infects others around them.

lol you just fucked up

2007 Pacifica
Rebuild. Less quiet. Still not loud.

Sarcasm eludes you......

And NOOOO People like YOU good sire.

This is what happens when you dont frequent the forum, or YOU look too hard into the individual words instead of the sentence as a whole, or ad your own tone to the sentence instead of EASILY picking up on the sarcasm.

HOORAY...

Ans way to go on bumping an old thread..YOU are going to fit in AMAZING here i am sure.... lolz

Edited by Chris Hammer
  • Like (+1 Rep) 1

MY BUILD *****http://tinyurl.com/gmcbuild*****

Vehicles

2005 GMC Canyon

CB1000r - Currently where any future funds are going. (exhasut,bazzaz, ohlins shock, screen, etc.)

crf250r - Used to be race bike..now I just trail ride..practice at the track on it.

CH80 - Daily beater (when nice weather)best 150$ ever spent. 100+mpg

Sold to:

Skullz - pstone11 - Leo1103 - Volvo 63' - pavelpardo - imnew59585

Shower farts still piss me off.

I think theyre pretty neat. When the water runs down your crack as you let one out... its like shitting in a crockpot.