Second Skin Audio

L7 replacement cones

if you wanted it to look good. and patch it up. i bet you could glass the whole cone and then sand and paint it. i bet it would look good....

But would it affect the working of the sub? it would make the cone stiffer i would say thats about it. and most kicker subs have a super stiff cone as is.

Edited by FroznBeavrBALLs

2 DC 12" lvl 4s

1 DC 1.2k

XS Power S3400

big 3

Alll KNU wire

Pioneer HU

cheapo Legacy coaxes (just for now)

dc-audio-you-should-get-there-is-no-try-just-do-thumb-1.jpg

if you wanted it to look good. and patch it up. i bet you could glass the whole cone and then sand and paint it. i bet it would look good....

But would it affect the working of the sub? it would make the cone stiffer i would say thats about it. and most kicker subs have a super stiff cone as is.

X2 My kicker had a very stiff cone. It loosens after awhile though. Well 40 dollars is a wonderful deal then :) i had a kicker with a small hole, the company told me they only will cover it if the voice coil was blown. So would have been a suggestion. Hell i say patch it and get to bumpin!

Check out my build log:

http://www.stevemead...60#entry1958353

Different folks have different strokes.

I think What I am gonna do is epoxy a slice of milk jug on the inside of the cone, and possibly find something I can plaster over it, and then paint grey so it will only look so-so haha..

Does anyone have a suggestion on a certian type of epoxy to use or to stay away from?

I appreciate all the input! :D

You can still play it. Doesn't effect it that much.

minus .1 in^2 of cone area!!

look at it this way, now you have a subwoofer AND a whistle!

Just say no to Ground Pounder Customs.

More box builds

some cars do over 170db with one sub, so clearly my two 12"s can do that in my car, with my knowledge too! look out bitches!

I'm with captain stupid.

I think What I am gonna do is epoxy a slice of milk jug on the inside of the cone, and possibly find something I can plaster over it, and then paint grey so it will only look so-so haha..

Does anyone have a suggestion on a certian type of epoxy to use or to stay away from?

I appreciate all the input! :D

5 minute epoxy will work fine, just let it dry for a day or two. 24 hour is better, but no biggie.

MickyMcD - "Capable of making some serious trouser flapping volumes at where's-my-testicles frequencies, the Servo-Drives used to be fairly jaw dropping..."

Any time you have have a power wire next to your frame put some rubber hosing (or cut up an innertube) around it. The wire is bound to wiggle (due to driving or flex) and the casing will eventually wear through.

Hammerdown... 1%

no links to outside websites, business related FB/YT pages allowed.

once I had a sub that the whole rubber surround was ripped it was my moms super old and she didnt want to buy a new one so i just rubber siliconed all the way around it on the insde of the sub and it still looks clean, and it hits better since ya know there isnt a rip all tha way around xD at least patch it for now and just save for a new sub.