I have a Mechman alt... As far as the customer service goes I've never had an issue with the customer service aspect but i do feel like I've been left in the dark a few times when I purchased the alt I wasn't made aware that a vcm wouldn't work for my truck and alt so that's why I'm sitting here with a alt that won't charge over 13.3 and to get it to where its supposed to be its going to cost me another 200 dollars which I feel is kinda wrong because I paid for a unit which should work 100% and by that I mean 14.4

he wouldnt be the first to say they did a 167 with a system like that (one that clearly DOESNT), but i have to say, he didnt beat me anywhere, ive never competed against the guy. If he thinks his does a 167, mine would probably put him in a coma. :hairtrick:

• 5 weeks later...

I recently bought a mechman 270amp alternator, its charging 2 D1400's. I set it up the way the directions said to and am charging @ 16.5v. Resting voltage when the car is off is @ 14.8v. I talked to mechman when I ordered my alt. And a couple of times since then. I have nothing to say but good things about his customer service. Thanks mechman for such a great product! 5 Stars!

03' NISSAN XTERRA

(1) AQ3500d

(1) AQ4x90

(1) Audio Control Line Driver

(4) DC LVL 4 15's

Cresendo Mids and Highs

100' of 0/guage

Big Three

Mechman 270a Charging @ 16.5v

(6) XS D1400's

Highest Termlab Score 149.9 at the kick & 166.1 in the Port/ on stock electrical and 1 DC XL M1

Updated JUNE 2012*****MY BUILD LOG

USACI REGION 6 POINTS LEADER 2011

USACI KANSAS RECORD HOLDER 2011

Team DC

dcletterhead.jpg

http://www.dcsoundlab.com/

• 2 years later...

I bought 2 320a mechman alts from a mechman dealer about 7 months ago and when i hooked them up the dealer called mechman for me and they recommended I get the dual AVBMii, so that is what I did. It only worked with one alt plugged in at a time. The alts would make a straining noise when the second one was plugged in and voltage would drop to 13v. I contacted mechman and exchanged a few messages with Brian from mechman and he stopped answering me before we figured out a solution to my problem. Two months later i contacted him again and he responded but never answered my questions and when I asked "What can I do to get my alternators running properly?," he never responded. Mechman's customer service is horrible, along with their AVBMii. I would never spend another dime with that company again.

I bought 2 320a mechman alts from a mechman dealer about 7 months ago and when i hooked them up the dealer called mechman for me and they recommended I get the dual AVBMii, so that is what I did. It only worked with one alt plugged in at a time. The alts would make a straining noise when the second one was plugged in and voltage would drop to 13v. I contacted mechman and exchanged a few messages with Brian from mechman and he stopped answering me before we figured out a solution to my problem. Two months later i contacted him again and he responded but never answered my questions and when I asked "What can I do to get my alternators running properly?," he never responded. Mechman's customer service is horrible, along with their AVBMii. I would never spend another dime with that company again.

damn, that is shitty...

Talk about a old thread.

Talk about a dude that blew a FUCK load of money.... wanting to speak...

Archived