DD-1 Makes Noises

since your video quality sucks i cant tell if that thing is sitting on the amp or not. try moving it away from the amp and seeing if it still does it

THERE IS NO BUILD LOG!

1998 Chevy Silverado ext cab

Alpine CDA-9887

4 Team Fi 15s

2 Ampere Audio TFE 8.0

2 Ampere Audio 150.4

3 Digital Designs CS6.5 component sets

Dual Mechman 370XP Elite alternators inbound!

8 XS Power d3400

6 XS power d680

Second Skin

Stinger

Tsunami Wiring

Sky High

A Real Voltmeter not a piece of shit stinger.

I have 2 problems

Red probe to positive, negative to amp chassis.

When the distortion light comes on, it makes a purring sound (regardless whether my setup or in a car setup)

Is it normal to make this sound?

And the distortion light comes on when I turn the volume down, or if I turn it up too much (but not when the volume knob is in the center)

Here is a video of my problem

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wl9JnmqPWGA

[/quote

Which amplifier brand and model do you have? Which track were you using?

I have a PA mixer(don't remember, will check when I get home) -> Crossover(Behringer 2310) -> DJ Amp (Crown XLS 5000 & QSC RMX 5050)

Since all of my hookups are XLR based, I am trying to measure any distortion through the amplifier by 'traveling down the line' and doing mixing board first, then crossover, then the amp itself.

I have the red probe hooked up to the + output of channel 1 of the QSC amp and the black clip to the body of the amplifier (ground since it has a grounded 3 prong plug). I made sure to turn all crossover settings all the way up

I am using the 40db -0db track for this since this channel will be playing <140hz.

And I confirmed that the noise does in fact come from the DD-1 and that the amplifier itself isn't clipping. I can get a better video in a bit when I come home from school. I will also try doing it on a car 12v amp too

Edited by SnowDrifter

I wonder if I got a faulty unit?

I just got home and tried it on the setup I originally used it on (a car) and now the distortion light comes on at all levels whether I use the speaker wire coming out of the HU, the RCAs or the amp - the distortion light comes on.

I was using track 1, all filters on deck and amp set to full pass, I turned the gain on my amp almost all the way down, hooked the black lead to the ground wire and the positive one to the + speaker terminal and the distortion light comes on at any volume level (before the 40hz light even illuminates).

Odd because I set this with the DD-1 when I first got it an I found my max undistorted volume on the head unit to be 24/34. It's like it stopped working. I also tried a fresh battery and it did nothing.

I just got home and tried it on the setup I originally used it on (a car) and now the distortion light comes on at all levels whether I use the speaker wire coming out of the HU, the RCAs or the amp - the distortion light comes on.

I was using track 1, all filters on deck and amp set to full pass, I turned the gain on my amp almost all the way down, hooked the black lead to the ground wire and the positive one to the + speaker terminal and the distortion light comes on at any volume level (before the 40hz light even illuminates).

Odd because I set this with the DD-1 when I first got it an I found my max undistorted volume on the head unit to be 24/34. It's like it stopped working. I also tried a fresh battery and it did nothing.

could be, there is a first time for everything. The quality control on the DD-1 seemed really high because they were all individually checked and such. I know that amps i have had when hit just before distortion point they make that exact sound. That's probably why people are questioning whether it is the amp rather than the DD-1.

29408240963_9908a51930_o.png
Best Score to Date : 160.5 dB Outlaw (47Hz)[4 XM 15's & 2 Taramps Bass 12k's]

BL :  http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/147800-chevyboy95s-4-15s-7krms-wall-1533-db-on-half-power/
YouTube: http://www.youtube.com/hitemwiththeflex/

This doesn't sound right, please send the unit to us as soon as possible. We will take care of it and get it right back to you.

D'Amore Engineering

340 Paseo Camarillo #202

Camarillo, CA 93010

This doesn't sound right, please send the unit to us as soon as possible. We will take care of it and get it right back to you.

D'Amore Engineering

340 Paseo Camarillo #202

Camarillo, CA 93010

I'll get it sent out today. Should I include a note or something with the package?

D'Amore Engineering

340 Paseo Camarillo #202

Camarillo, CA 93010

I'll get it sent out today. Should I include a note or something with the package?

Just your return address

When I was setting my amp the other day, I noticed the amp made a buzzing noise as soon as the red light came on the DD1. Thought it was pretty interesting.

Edit: Just watched your video, same buzzing noise I heard. Wonder if it was really the amp or my dd1. I will need to double check tomorrow.

Edited by cccmaa

I have a PA mixer(don't remember, will check when I get home) -> Crossover(Behringer 2310) -> DJ Amp (Crown XLS 5000 & QSC RMX 5050)

Since all of my hookups are XLR based, I am trying to measure any distortion through the amplifier by 'traveling down the line' and doing mixing board first, then crossover, then the amp itself.

I have the red probe hooked up to the + output of channel 1 of the QSC amp and the black clip to the body of the amplifier (ground since it has a grounded 3 prong plug). I made sure to turn all crossover settings all the way up

I am using the 40db -0db track for this since this channel will be playing <140hz.

And I confirmed that the noise does in fact come from the DD-1 and that the amplifier itself isn't clipping. I can get a better video in a bit when I come home from school. I will also try doing it on a car 12v amp too

wait a minute....you have a bunch of PRO AUDIO amps in your car? The DD-1 will work with pro audio but you got all sorts of crazy shit going on in your ride. Lets see some better pics of your setup or a video in the day time. What are you powering all that with? You are using a MIXER im the car? and a behringer crossover? Bro, just about anything can be going on with your setup at this point lol. Try some 12v equpiment and check back with us. I DEFINITELY want to see your setup in the daylight. It would be nice if you could make a video starting from the beginning showing us what you are doing. That video you made is so vague i cant tell what is going on and now you mentioned all the pro gear, i am baffled. :pardon:

All SMD products + MORE available at my store here! https://wccaraudio.com/ 
wc2022-red-black-whitebg_1667625898__08138.original.png.02e514af82dce531edf1aa4a36851c60.png

Subscribe to My Youtube Channel! Over 1,000,000 subscribers strong! Turn on your notifications!
http://www.youtube.com/meade916

Follow My Instagram! Daily live feeds from the shop, exclusive content way before it hits my Youtube channel...and little squares with photo's in them :D
http://www.instagram.com/meade916

The Official SMD Facebook fan Page
https://www.facebook.com/SteveMeadeDesigns/

Follow my Tweet (Twitter)
http://www.Twitter.com/meade916