Sundown Audio

AudioPipe 3000.1 amp.. Good amp?

rgriffin83

I know the AQ is a better quality amp but I can get the AP3k amp for like 450 300 with my AQ2200d trade in. Just wondering on opinions? Any other on the more watts vs. better quality?

Idk where you get the AP 3001 D for 450, these 358 $ are the legit E-bayprice. In the moment there is a used AP at E-bay for 280 buy it now, if you sell your AQ you will get this money or a little bit higher as well.

At last, it´s to consider that you can´t bridge the AP 3001 D to 1 Ohm.

"in the abundance of water, the fool is thirsty" Bob Marley

I do not understand you...

Yes, the Audiopipe can do close to rated. Running at 16 volts doesn't mean much for that amp, so that means close to nothing. You have an Audioque 2200 right now, a BEAST of an amp. Why trade that in just to PAY something to have something of LESS quality? Keep your amp, wait for your sub, and install when you get it.

Tell me...does this smell like chloroform to you?

I do not understand you...

Yes, the Audiopipe can do close to rated. Running at 16 volts doesn't mean much for that amp, so that means close to nothing. You have an Audioque 2200 right now, a BEAST of an amp. Why trade that in just to PAY something to have something of LESS quality? Keep your amp, wait for your sub, and install when you get it.

Got ya. I appreciate it, I will just wait to get the AQ 3500d, I def want more power later and I am also looking into getting a mechman 300a amp alt. Just wanted opinions, I also didnt know that it was a 2Ohm stable amp which wouldn't work for my 2 Ohm BTL.

1 15" FI BTL N2

AQ2200d

Big 3

Pioneer head unit

kinetik 1200 (under the hood)

kinetik 2400 (dedicated to the sub)

Mids and highs coming soon!

I know the AQ is a better quality amp but I can get the AP3k amp for like 450 300 with my AQ2200d trade in. Just wondering on opinions? Any other on the more watts vs. better quality?

Idk where you get the AP 3001 D for 450, these 358 $ are the legit E-bayprice. In the moment there is a used AP at E-bay for 280 buy it now, if you sell your AQ you will get this money or a little bit higher as well.

At last, it´s to consider that you can´t bridge the AP 3001 D to 1 Ohm.

did not know that it wasn't 1 ohm stable, thanks for the update. I just know they made the 3k watt and was thinking about it. Like I said though, I will just wait and get the AQ3500D or the cresendo.

1 15" FI BTL N2

AQ2200d

Big 3

Pioneer head unit

I would be looking to double my power before I swapped amps.

I have a 150 amp alt stock, you dont think that will be enough to run a 3500?! with a hc 1200 under the hood and a 2400 in the back?

1 15" FI BTL N2

AQ2200d

Big 3

Pioneer head unit

I would be looking to double my power before I swapped amps.

I have a 150 amp alt stock, you dont think that will be enough to run a 3500?! with a hc 1200 under the hood and a 2400 in the back?

think about it this way. a 3500 will draw close, or more than, to 400 amps. and your alt will probably have 100 amps free after all the deductions since it takes some power to power everything in your car like the heater, headlights, etc. so where are those 300 extra amps going to come from? sure as shit not from your batteries unless you plan to play music for 20 seconds at a time.

I would definately add more battery if you are gonna double your power. With over 4k in power you need at least another 2400 battery. See its no fun stuntin in traffic to only be able to turn it up for that 20 seconds at a time. I know because I've been that guy more often than I want to admit.

• 1 year later...

I would definately add more battery if you are gonna double your power. With over 4k in power you need at least another 2400 battery. See its no fun stuntin in traffic to only be able to turn it up for that 20 seconds at a time. I know because I've been that guy more often than I want to admit.

Lol..I like what this guy said..hahaha..we all know that feeling. I was lokming to get that amp too but since im running two rockford t2 subs I think im just gonna hold out until I get the 800 to buy a t2500. Sucks because if I would have got the 4 ohm voice coil subs I would have more options but since I got the 2 ohm versions then I need an amp that does at least 1200x2 at 2ohms.. sucks but u do get what u pay for

You need trunk space to get groceries and shit...bitches love groceries

Lol..I like what this guy said..hahaha..we all know that feeling. I was lokming to get that amp too but since im running two rockford t2 subs I think im just gonna hold out until I get the 800 to buy a t2500. Sucks because if I would have got the 4 ohm voice coil subs I would have more options but since I got the 2 ohm versions then I need an amp that does at least 1200x2 at 2ohms.. sucks but u do get what u pay for

Thread Gravedigger, you need a Hifonic´s Colossus 2 x 1100 watt´s on 2 Ohm http://www.onlinecarstereo.com/CarAudio/p_27832_Hifonics_Colossus_LTD.aspx

sorrily i cant find a lower offer on them. Or watch out on Ebay, CL, the want to sale section in the car-audio forums.

"in the abundance of water, the fool is thirsty" Bob Marley

Archived