Second Skin Audio

Basics of a 4th order bandpass enclosure

donellk

Now here is where it gets fun... Your subwoofer needs to come from the sealed section facing into the ported section.

This strikes my curiosity. I have seen tons of 4th orders with subs inverted.

can be done either way but for people new to enclosures i wanted to make it simple to under stand the the sub has to be inside the box! as i stated further down u can invert it so u can smell the coil but i always do it facing the ported section so i can keep it a little smaller and dont have to calculate the subwoofer displacement and port displacement!

Team Xtreme Amperage

Xtreme Audio Innovations

XtremeAudioInnovations.com

Facebook.com/xtremeaudio321

4 linked c notched bagged

Fiberglass door panels (5 speakers per door)

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply

better wording could have been in-between the 2 sections!

Team Xtreme Amperage

Xtreme Audio Innovations

Now here is where it gets fun... Your subwoofer needs to come from the sealed section facing into the ported section.

I think inverted is better, you can smell the coils if you screw up and it helps with the cooling.

Im still wondering how much port is enough. They say to go for at least the same amount as cone area but then you get ridiculous port lengths and without screwing the gain its hard to maintain.

not sure why you would go with the same amount of cone area i just worry about the sq in of the port! for every cube i do 12-18 try to keep it around 15 tho!

Team Xtreme Amperage

Xtreme Audio Innovations

I think inverted is better, you can smell the coils if you screw up and it helps with the cooling.

Im still wondering how much port is enough. They say to go for at least the same amount as cone area but then you get ridiculous port lengths and without screwing the gain its hard to maintain.

not sure why you would go with the same amount of cone area i just worry about the sq in of the port! for every cube i do 12-18 try to keep it around 15 tho!

Thanks buddy. Then i will say problem solved

Loudness is no substitute for musicianship, and partial deafness is no badge of honor. I was once able to hear this advice.

Build Log>>>

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/ind...pid=672024&

New Build

Believe in the order

my brothers 4th order plotted in bassbox pro! sealed 4.6 before displacement ported 8.8 before displacement port 12x10x10 tuned to 45hrz!

Edit:

this is for 4 power acoustik p2-12s in the trunk of his 1990 lincoln town car!

imow8y.jpg

Team Xtreme Amperage

Xtreme Audio Innovations

Another thing you may like to add is that the higher the ratio the the more it is geared for spl and the lower it will be geared for daily.

Another thing you could also expess is how important it is to factor in your cancellation of the woofers. This plays a huge role in bandpasses.

Also some people may notice that the longer the enclosure is, depending on how narrow it is, there is some time delay in the sound from the substage. Some people like to have this limited but this is all due to testing. The write up looks good for just the basics.

Hopefully you get to play around with more of these and get to share your results.

I don't have time to make a write up cuz is be here for quite a while.

Vehicle: 1999 Chevy Suburban AKA The Bammin' Beast

Battery: 25 XS Power XP1000's

Sub Amp: 3 DC 9k's

Sub Stage: 18 DC Lvl 4 M2 12's in a Nasty 4th Order

Subscribe now! Prizes will be given away for every 1000 subscribers!

Also if you are newer to 4th please be aware of the unloading of woofers when you do your own testing. Some vehicles vented with the woofers closer to the front could cause harm to the woofers when you open a door or both doors, I've seen some woofers launch when doing this. Yikes!

Vehicle: 1999 Chevy Suburban AKA The Bammin' Beast

Battery: 25 XS Power XP1000's

Sub Amp: 3 DC 9k's

Sub Stage: 18 DC Lvl 4 M2 12's in a Nasty 4th Order

Subscribe now! Prizes will be given away for every 1000 subscribers!

thanks for the input great advise!

Team Xtreme Amperage

Xtreme Audio Innovations

Also if you are newer to 4th please be aware of the unloading of woofers when you do your own testing. Some vehicles vented with the woofers closer to the front could cause harm to the woofers when you open a door or both doors, I've seen some woofers launch when doing this. Yikes!

this guy is a :noob::lol: .

m_8e0e9deb0e2a020a7ff1bf0d3a6c3306.jpgth_140x100square.jpgth_140x100rev2animated.gifsoundigital.pngth_Banner_140x100.jpgn221468318568_2854.jpg

8_RedDevillogo.pngteamtexflex-1.jpg

Archived