Box for single vvx-8

I have only ever built one box for a 8 before, it was a sa8. .75 tuned to 33-34hz if i remember correctly, ran full rms power + more to it. got loud, was happy with results. But these skar subs are different animals from what i hear/read so what i want to know is what size/tune should i go with if i want loud low end yet still musical with the higher notes? I was thinking .6-.8 tuned between 30-33, told a friend of mine my plan and he said to tune it higher because it will handle more power and be better off since the cone area for one 8 is so small that the bass that should be felt would only be heard if tuned to low. He knows a lot about car audio (had the first smds in hawaii, 4 18s walled) but I'm always skeptical about everything so i needed to ask here before i make a move. Tomorrow is my day off so id love to get some box specs tonight so i can build it tomorrow!

Letum rip guys. Thanks

...also if Kevin could reply to my pms id be stoked! Kev if you read this pls reply, or if someone can forward the word i would appreciate it.

Edited by StreetPharmacist