Sundown Audio

The "1500" watts amplifier CHALLENGE!!!

fecupe2001

I guess u got to drunk my bud lol caldito de huevos en la mañana

xspower.jpg

ShowImage-1.jpg

Had an estimate of 6400 for an alpine/clarion setup dealer said it "should" hit around 160db with the custom boxes he was going to make for me..doubtful with so much area to move but, budget is way below that :( any ideas on cheaper brands for that kind of Spl setup? really didnt want to try any Boss or soundstorm, thinking Quantum figure around $150 per speaker "$1800 total" and $1700 to power it, first actual big setup for the van.

New MEMPHIS CAR AUDIO build

4 15s Memphis C3

2 xs power D3100

1 xs power d3400

custom fiberglass door pannel

and lots more

My Build

how about the audiopipe aqx 1200?

Really late post but I know all the aqx's do rated power or more. They are built even better than the ap line.

1998 Jeep Cherokee

Alpine HU

Crunch Powerone 300.2 mid/highs + AP15001D bass

Soon to be two OA18s

Cadence coax and sony tweets

Big three + All 1/0 wire

Optima Yellow Top

No hating on my ghetto system plz. (Im poor)

Hey guys, i´m DRUNK as hell, i was doing the big3 to a friend´s car and tested 2 amps tonight, sorry about such a late post but at least i did thre test!!!

First amplifier tested tonight, Hifonics BXI1608D!!

Brutus BXi Series Class D Monoblock Car Amplifier

RMS Power Rating:

4 ohms: 550 watts x 1 chan.

2 ohms: 1100 watts x 1 chan.

1 ohm: 1600 watts x 1 chan.

MOSFET power supply

Wired remote bass level control included

LED power and protection indicators

Tuned Bass EQ (0-10 dB bass boost at 45 Hz)

Variable unbalanced input level control

Dampening factor: >250

Soft turn-on circuitry

Preamp RCA outputs

DC, speaker short, thermal, and overload protection circuitry

Heavy duty aluminum alloy heatsink

Chrome-plated RCA level inputs

Chrome-plated screw terminals

Variable low-pass filter (35-250 Hz, 24 dB/octave)

Subsonic Filter (24 dB at 15-35 Hz)

Dimensions: 14.17"L x 9.45"W x 2.52"H

4-gauge power and ground wiring is required for installation. Contact us for information regarding a discount on select amplifier kits when purchased together with this amplifier.

Picture of this little baby :)

39006110150474248173300.jpg

37878210150474248453300.jpg

Clamp results:

43.3 Volts

42.2 Amps

43.3 x 42.2 = 1819 Watts RMS

43.3 /42.2 = 1.03 Ohms

Voltage Drops : 13.8v

Termlab score, sealed on the dash @ 42 hz

38080610150474253488300.jpg

Once again, i got a little bit more than what the hifonics manual says, it´s a very good friend´s amplifier so he allowed me to test it A LOT, took 0.5 ohms like a champ and sounded very nice on music, and also, not a power hunger at all, voltage barely dropped on every burp or song i used on this little thing, i´ve used hifonics brutus amplifiers a lot and i can tell you this, durability on those "bang for the buck" amplifiers it´s amazing, hifonics brutus 1600 watts amplifier is right on with the audiopipe 1500.1 :)

I´m the SPL Gains topic creator!! wanna get louder?? check this: SPL Gains. Panamenian 2009 & 2010 & 2014 Bass Race 149.9 Champion!

2 15" subs and a 2K wired at 1 ohm, http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/167788-fecupe2001-2-15s-on-a-2k-video-on-page-3/

8 Massive 15" subs and small power, http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/179296-fecupe2001s-8-15s-4th-order-bandpass-wall/

How are you clamping? Im just wondering if maybe you are using the peak setting? It doesnt seem logical that EVERY amp you have tested is getting at least 15% more then rated on 13v and slightly above 1ohm. Out of a stack of 10 amps, especially when quite a few of em are budget amps, you are bound to get one on the lower end of the production tolerance spectrum.

Team Flex Issues

Low tuning > God

2011 CALI AS1 STATE CHAMP

How are you clamping? Im just wondering if maybe you are using the peak setting? It doesnt seem logical that EVERY amp you have tested is getting at least 15% more then rated on 13v and slightly above 1ohm. Out of a stack of 10 amps, especially when quite a few of em are budget amps, you are bound to get one on the lower end of the production tolerance spectrum.

I´ve tested GOOD amplifiers actually, i want to test a couple of crappy cheap amplifiers so i can show people that my test it´s for real, but i haven´t found someone that wants to borrow me a cheap amplifier to get it wired at 0.5 ohms, there was supposed to be a db drive spa1200.1 on this test, but i couldn´t find it, but anyways, many people knows me, and , many people knows that i´m doing this just for fun, i´m not getting any money or even help on this test, i´m just showing the results that i´m getting from a kick ass electrical, very low impedance rise and very nice multimeter/clamp meter combo, i think my reputation should say enough!!!

Once again, is there any amplifier on this test that shouldn´t get the power i posted on the topic??? score on the TL is pretty acurated, and also, true RMS seems to be also, as you can see, the hifonics did the same power and score than the AP did, the cadence did 200 watts less than the m1b and a few tenths lower, brz1200.1 did 1400 watts and almost 1 db lower than the bxi1610 and the ap1500.1 , and you still don´t believe that my test is correct?? once again, i haven´t tested any power acoustik,lanzar vibe, boss or pyle, every amplifier i´ve tested it´s "expensive" and from a proven company, if you think i´ll look for a sony xplod or another shitty amplifier to test with so i can show that my clamp results are real, think again ;)

I don´t see anything wrong if i test a 1200 watts amplifier and gets 200 extra watts wich would be around 10% extra power and you can´t hear ANY difference to you ears lol

I´m the SPL Gains topic creator!! wanna get louder?? check this: SPL Gains. Panamenian 2009 & 2010 & 2014 Bass Race 149.9 Champion!

2 15" subs and a 2K wired at 1 ohm, http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/167788-fecupe2001-2-15s-on-a-2k-video-on-page-3/

8 Massive 15" subs and small power, http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/179296-fecupe2001s-8-15s-4th-order-bandpass-wall/

Wow, someone got offended. Your claim that audiopipe and hifonics make "good" amps is marginal at best. And they certainly are not expensive. But have fun with your topic. Im glad that you are having good results with every thing

Team Flex Issues

Low tuning > God

Wow, someone got offended. Your claim that audiopipe and hifonics make "good" amps is marginal at best. And they certainly are not expensive. But have fun with your topic. Im glad that you are having good results with every thing

offended????? not a chance bro, not even close, and just because you don´t buy or use audiopipe or hifonics, it doesn´t mean they aren´t "good" brands, i´ve tested the brutus series a few times on a few different setups and mm/clamp combo and always get rated power, if you get a good electrical and low impedance rise it´s possible, once again, this is just for fun, if you don´t like the results then go ahead and just find 7-9 amplifiers and test them yourself if you want, be my guest :drinks:

refer to the post above you. And I have clamped amps in the past, using the true rms method so that I wasnt getting spiked readings. We clamped an Ap1500d and had difficulty getting rated out of it without driving it into clipping. We also clamped a discus 1500d that we were able to get rated out of without driving it into clipping and it metered louder. There are many more variables then a peaked clamped reading.

and i dont mean to come in here and clutter your thread, I simply wondered what clamp method you used and provided input...which you requested in your opening post...I will no longer post in here and further clutter your thread

Team Flex Issues

Low tuning > God

Archived