Sundown Audio

will this Audiopipe amp be ok for these subs?

CorNut

• 2 weeks later...

Can you update this thread when you get the audiopipe up and playing?

I was looking in to this one a few months for somebodys setup but i just went with the ap 1000d instead for 20 bucks more.

1st Setup(SOLD):2007 GMC YukonPioneer Avic F90bt

Audiocontrol Epicenter2 Audioque SDC2.5 15 subs8.7 cubes at 37hz build DONEAudioque 1200d (Audioque 1200d Sold, similar performance to my ap1500)Diamond Audio Hex 6.5 Mids n TweetsCerwin Vega Exl 400 4 channel Bridged(also have MTX 4004 not being used)1 Run of power Knu Fleks 4 Gauge2 Cheap stock Battery setup2nd Setup (SOLD):2007 GMC YukonPioneer Avic F90bt

Audiocontrol Epicenter2 15 Kicker cvx (maybe two SA 15 in future)7 cubes net tuned at 34hzAlphasonik Old school 1600rms (ap 1500d sold GREAT Budget amp)JBL 6.5 Power Series Components, Infinity Kappa 6.5 3 ways, and 2 Kicker KS Tweets (LOUD)Cerwin vega exl4001 run knu Fleks OFC 0 gaugeBig 3 done1 Odyssey 1500, 1 optima yellow top d31

Can you update this thread when you get the audiopipe up and playing?

I was looking in to this one a few months for somebodys setup but i just went with the ap 1000d instead for 20 bucks more.

I will for sure, I was actually planning to do it Christmas day but we all got carried away watching basketball and just hanging out since we (family) were all together which is pretty rare. Now they get to make the trip to my house for the install, we have to find a time our schedules don't conflict. I still have to wire the second sub but set the amp in the hole so you can see how small the amp actually is. It's pretty small, definitely going to be easy to hide. Not that it really matters, that box is anything but stealth so who cares about a stealth amp

apamp.jpg

Heard audiopipes are putting out what they are rated...just not sure about longevity running at 1ohm...hope it works out

http://www.stevemead...cherokee-build/

2005 Jeep Grand Cherokee

Alpine CDE-hd148bt

Alpine PKG-RSE2

PRV Audio (4) 6MB200 front/rear doors

PRV Audio (4) TW350Ti dash/rear doors

Kicker KX350.4

Obsidian Audio (1) 18 D4 v2

revamp (2) Stereo Integrity HT 18d2
DC Audio 1.2k
5.25ft^3 tuned @34hz

revamp Infinite Baffle Cpillar

AudioTechnix 60mil deadener
KnuKonceptz & SkyHigh wire (complete setup)

stroupe79.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

Well a change has taken place in what the system is going to be, instead of the large box with polks (to craigslist they go) this is going to actually be more of a stealth system now so trunk space isn't used up. We'll be building a fiberglass box for a single Pioneer TS-W2502D2 10" dual 2ohm DVC sub. The sub only requires .9 cu/ft for a ported box and it can be wired to 1 ohm. The sub is rated @ 800w RMS & 3000w peak so it "should" be able to handle the amp. the 2 12's, the dual 12" ported box, and a single 12" ported box cost me a total of $100 for all of it so I'll be selling the 12's with the dual enclosure for I'd guess $150 but if somebody on craigs offers me $100 I'll still take it since it gets my initial investment back plus I still have the single 12" enclosure that I put an old Punch Power (the old school one with the chrome magnet) in.

The Pioneer we got from Amazon's warehouse deals, it's a returned "like new" one that only cost $82 shipped. Hopefully it is one somebody bought and decided to go with something else without ever hooking it up. It was $81 for a "very good" one so I figured may as well spend the extra dollar to have a chance of getting one that should still be in as good of shape as from the factory. I actually prefer this though, a .9 cu/ft box won't be intrusive at all, and being ported it should help the spl with it only being a 10". I still have some wood & resin leftover from a previous box build in my personal car and I'm sure it'll be enough for such a small box. All I'll need is some fiberglass and a small piece of carpet which shouldn't cost too much. If I can get somebody to pay my asking price of $150 that'll leave me $70 up (plus my free single enclosure but that doesn't count) and that should cover the cost.

I really am glad we're going this route, I think the 10" will suffice and in all honesty I bet it'll be louder than most single 12"s and probably most dual 10" setups out there since the majority of people just throw their subs in a box, not the "right" box. I have no idea what the quality of the Pioneer Champion Series Pro subs is like but at $82, a sub that can not only run 1 ohm but theoretically be able to handle the amps full wattage @ 1ohm, $82 was too good of buy to pass up. I have a feeling this project won't be completed until summer now, I just wanted to make sure you all knew what happened so you don't wonder why I never posted the results. I still will, I'll revive the thread come spring/summer or whenever it is we get this done and I'll post pics and all that.

my buddy bought that mini amp and he had problems as soon as he hooked it up. woofers wouldn't even play normally. something along the lines of the subs would just warble. i dont remember exactly.

me right? I hated that amp and it took forever for them to finally let me return it for a refund... i had ordered mine thru vminnovations also.

First System

2002 Impala LS 3.8L V6, 128,365k miles.

Alternator: DC Power 190Amp H/O Alternator

Headunit: Kenwood KDC-BT945U.

Speakers: MBQuart 6.5" Comps, 6x9 3-way.

Amplifer: Eclipse 3322 on front 6.5 components, and a Infinity Kappa One @ 2ohm- 800w

Subwoofers: 2 REAudio SRX12D2 wired to 2 ohm.

Box: 3.1cuft box tuned to 33hz. sealed off to cabin

Big 3- done with all Knukonceptz KCA 0 gauge.

Don't drop below 14.1v at full tilt. :)

well I got the 10 yesterday and my god, it surely isn't as stealth as I expected a 10 to be. The damn thing is nearly as deep as it is wide! Definitely more stealth than the 12's still but I was hoping to tuck this thing away in the corner but it'll need a deeper box than I was expecting. I guess I shoulda paid attention to the mounting depth lol. It'll still be fine, just gonna be a little different box design than I expected is all. The thing looks like a quality sub (I know that doesn't always mean it is quality) for the $82 shipped it cost. It's heavy and cosmetically it looks damn good. We even spent the $11 or $12 it was @ sonic for the grille specifically designed for the sub so it's gonna look damn good. I'm really looking forward to building this box, winter needs to hurry up and end dammit.

Archived