When you heard the noise (when it was on the rack)does it sound like its coming from the center of the diff or the outsides by the wheels.. If its more central its going to be a carrier bearing or pinion bearing. Outside would be an axle bearing. If its a carrier bearing I would go ahead and prelace all bearings. If its an axle bearing just replace that side that is making noise. Dont try and setup a differential if you have never done it will cost you lots of money in the long run. Its going to cost about a grand to fix if you replace all bearing.

Thats cool. Im way too old to be upset by shit like that. Your name is winston. Your own parents hated you even before you were born.

My penis is bigger than your penis

I'm far from loud and my roof/headliner flaps around like Adam's ass on a windy day. I think it depends more on the structure of the vehicle.

• 2 weeks later...

Sounds like either the inner or outer bearing is shot and no real way to know which one till you get it off the ground and spin them, outer shouldn't be too bad but your inners can be a pain to change and you'll need to preload them again after installing them.

Sounds like either the inner or outer bearing is shot and no real way to know which one till you get it off the ground and spin them, outer shouldn't be too bad but your inners can be a pain to change and you'll need to preload them again after installing them.

Exactly right the pinion bearings will cause this. You can check them by pushing up on your driveshaft where it goes into the diff and feeling for any movement. If you decide to do it you will need a bearing splitter and a press to remove the inner brg.try not to destroy the shim underneath the bearing. You will need a piece of pipe that will fit over the pinion but only contact the inner race of the bearing so you can press the bearing down as straight as possible. The pinion moves around under different loads if your bearings are loose which changes the contact pattern and it makes noise. Once a pattern is made it doesn't go away so just replacing the bearings might not do it. A full ring and pinion with bearing replacement might be necessary so it might be in your best interest to get somebody to do it our get a new housing

Exactly right you will need a bearing splitter and a press to remove the inner brg.try not to destroy the shim underneath the bearing. You will need a piece of pipe that will fit over the pinion but only contact the inner race of the bearing so you can press the bearing

Exactly right the pinion bearings will cause this. You can check them by pushing up on your driveshaft where it goes into the diff and feeling for any movement. If you decide to do it you will need a bearing splitter and a press to remove the inner brg.try not to destroy the shim underneath the bearing. You will need a piece of pipe that will fit over the pinion but only contact the inner race of the bearing so you can press the bearing down as straight as possible. The pinion moves around under different loads if your bearings are loose which changes the contact pattern and it makes noise. Once a pattern is made it doesn't go away so just replacing the bearings might not do it. A full ring and pinion with bearing replacement might be necessary so it might be in your best interest to get somebody to do it our get a new housing

Exactly right you will need a bearing splitter and a press to remove the inner brg.try not to destroy the shim underneath the bearing. You will need a piece of pipe that will fit over the pinion but only contact the inner race of the bearing so you can press the bearing

By the way my new Droid razor is a piece of shit ^^^^^ this mofo has more bugs....

thanks for all the help guys, looks like ill just be getting a whole new axle when i get the money then have a shop replace it, after of corse i take it and see if its fixable for cheap

Legal TL scores145.6 on the dash sealed up in the low 40hz area with the port out145.5 on the dash sealed up @30hz with the port inless then 1k clamped on a 3.5k!

Why would you EVER WANT flex?
huh?...flex is what can make the lows lower and more air being pushed correct?
jeff_zps9bc81ace.jpg

me_zps0fb5a5b4.jpgMy FeedbackJeep-BuildlogPT LOSER buildlog