Sonic Electronix

RPM needle jumps, and car vibrates

Hi. I've been having a problem with my Hummer H2, when my car is in D or R, the RPM needle jumps a little bit, and the car also vibrates a little and I noticed a loss of power in the exhaust. By turning the lights on, I also noticed they sometimes flicker, like losing power.

I've also noted on the highway, that sometimes it looks like the car looses some power just for a millisecond, and keeps happening. I though it might be the battery, because it happened to me on the highway yesterday for example, so as soon as I got home I put the battery charging.

Today with the battery fully charged, I used the car for like 5 miles, and when I was waiting for someone with the car in park I noticed the exhaust sound kept changing its noise, like it was loosing power for a millisecond also. I then put it on park and noticed the rpm needle was jumping, so I made a little video:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QxuSsdd6Qgk

I'm shiffting from D, N, R to P in the video, you can hear me do it, and the needle only jumps on D and R.

Because I'm thinking this might be a battery problem, I'm going to post pics of my stereo system, so you can have an idea:

dsc00974ja.jpg

dsc00970r.jpg

dsc00963q.jpg

dsc00962g.jpg

dsc00956in.jpg

This is all being run only on this battery:

img0163yw.jpg

I bought the car like this almost 3 years ago, I think this battery might not be sufficient for everything the car has, and maybe it's dying and the symptoms I'm getting are from it. I don't know for sure that's why I'm asking, because noticing loss of power in the car, and I mean wheel power on a highway (and it's really just for a millisecond, like little stumbles every 3 or 4 seconds) might be a symptom that excludes it being a battery problem, I don't know...

Any help would be appreciated.

Regards

my god thats alot of screens... uhhh..mechanically speaking...

did u get bad gas? or have u ran injector cleaner thru it..might have a semi-clogged injector..

also running AAALLL thats on 1 battery..id add another of similar size..keep the strain divided between 2 batts not just 1.. also check your voltage with a dmm..

Dead cells in your battery? That won't show up as bad voltage. Recommend doing a load test on it.

The IrishmanDCSig.jpgCheck out my build hereXL 4th order wall build logIn Progress:alpine cda HU4th order Bandpass2xl 15's1- ab 400.1 (gonna be two hopefully)4- Crescendo 8's2- xts crecendo supertweeters

2 sq super tweetsMb quart 4.125Mechman 270a alt1- xs D27003- xs XP3000

4- odessey pc1700seller feed back threadhttp://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/136418-d-train-13k/

You again? I remember something electrical being your issue or concern maybe a year or two ago...

I am thinking maybe your issue is not electrical. Check your intake assembly? Maybe a new throttle body gasket or something wrong with your MAF sensor.

Tell me...does this smell like chloroform to you?

last time it had a proper tune up?

i know its a stupid question but you wont believe some of the stuff i see.....

i think there real i was looking through that guys stuff he sells and it looks like he finds stuff at auctions and just sells it

Yea, it looks like someone got the mids about a month ago....shit. If I had a whole Hertz front stage my ears would jizz all over my cheeks.

/ LOL

My Low Budget Build:

Green 1995 Subaru Legacy wagon 147k- $1K

headunit- pioneer premier deh-p650-$25

4 Lead acid batts. 1 up front and 3 in back- vented outside.- $50

4 vvme L11 10"s <- $30 shipped a piece

6 cu. ft box (after displacment) tuned to 32ish hz with 10 inch sonotube. -about $50 all together maybe a lil more

2 aspm 1300 strapped

Selenium 6"s in the front doors on headunit power- for now -$20

quantum tweets in door-for now -$10

boston acoustic 5 1/4 in rear doors- for now-Free

big 3

1/0 and 4awg throughout.

roof sound deadened (not peel n seal ftw)-free

on 80 amp alt (bench tested to put out 100 amps faithfully) <--?-$10 for test

about $430 for everything<----Not bad at all

still gotta add 3 way crossover, amp for front and rear door speakers and maybe eq

last time it had a proper tune up?

i know its a stupid question but you wont believe some of the stuff i see.....

About 6 months ago. It was in a garage because half of the engine stopped working. It was an oil passage way that was clogged. They cleaned it, put everything back together. They changed the oils and filters, and also changed the spark plugs while it was there.

About a month after that I put a new air intake, Airdoc.

The car has been doing this for some time, I can't remember exactly, but I think it was previous to me putting on the new intake.

Archived