Sonic Electronix

Old school Hifonics Zeus Amp help ?!

So a buddy of mine has this old school zues amp that weighs at least 25 pounds. It says 650 watts, but I'm sure it does at least 1000 or 1200. But here's the problem. APPARANTLY There is a little card that goes into the bottom of the amp, that switches it to mono, or another side switches it to stereo, so on, bla bla. Now, he doesn't have said card. NOR can he find one. Unfortunately, I don't have pictures of it. But does anyone know what I'm talking about or does anyone know where to find one ? It's like a 1980s amp. Thank you !

Current setup in my 96 Hoe

Hu - Pioneer DEH-80prs.

Amps - (4) Crossfire C5 1700D's, MTX Thunder 5604(mids), PPI Art 300.2 (tweets)

Batts - 4 91ah rear batts, 50ah batt up front.

Subs - 2 Crossfire XSv2 18's

Alt - Singer 330A

Front stage - Random JL & Eclipse mids, Eclipse tweets

Seeing as it is a old ass amp, and says that it does 650 watts. Most amps can barely do what they say they can. what makes you think this one will do 2x what it says it can.

On 11/20/2012 at 8:54 PM, AMI CUSTOMS said:

Turned mine up today at a light, guy next to me his steering wheel started moving and he looked over at me like I was a magician lol.

On 5/9/2012 at 8:45 PM, skittlesRgood said:

fuck the plating. look at what the main metal used is. you could buy unicorn blood plated terminals but if its just covering up dog shit, whats the point

On 4/10/2013 at 12:26 PM, mrd6 said:

I'll admit, half way through sanding that fiberglass in the rain and cold while I was all itchy I was definitely starting to question why i was doing this haha

• Soon To Be
  • '04 Ford Escape
  • US Alternator 280A Hairpin
  • D4800 Under the Hood
  • (6) XP3000's in Rear
  • 1/0 SHCA & XS Power 4 runs to back
  • TORK2 kit from Tony @ CE Auto Supply
  • Pioneer DEH-80PRS
  • DD AW6.5 (2) per door
  • *Tweeter Unkown*
  • DD SS4a & C3d
  • (2) SCV4000 @ .5Ohm
  • (2) 15" Sundown Zv5

Back in it's running days my buddy said it had been clamped at 1200.

Hu - Pioneer DEH-80prs.

Alt - Singer 330A

The old school Hifonics Zeus Class AB was (and still is!) a Legend. The amp was rated for 600-ish watts RMS (into 4) but made over 900 at (2 Ohms). That only tells half the story though.

If you're ever able to hook that bad boy up to a good efficient set of subs, you will see what I mean!

Can you take pics of the amp and the card slot please? I have a friend with two working Zeus and one blown one...

Edited by AmericanLegend

Well hot damn, that is one good ass amp. Sucks nothing is like how shit used to be.

On 11/20/2012 at 8:54 PM, AMI CUSTOMS said:

Turned mine up today at a light, guy next to me his steering wheel started moving and he looked over at me like I was a magician lol.

On 5/9/2012 at 8:45 PM, skittlesRgood said:

fuck the plating. look at what the main metal used is. you could buy unicorn blood plated terminals but if its just covering up dog shit, whats the point

On 4/10/2013 at 12:26 PM, mrd6 said:

I'll admit, half way through sanding that fiberglass in the rain and cold while I was all itchy I was definitely starting to question why i was doing this haha

• Soon To Be
  • '04 Ford Escape
  • US Alternator 280A Hairpin
  • D4800 Under the Hood
  • (6) XP3000's in Rear
  • 1/0 SHCA & XS Power 4 runs to back
  • TORK2 kit from Tony @ CE Auto Supply
  • Pioneer DEH-80PRS
  • DD AW6.5 (2) per door
  • *Tweeter Unkown*
  • DD SS4a & C3d
  • (2) SCV4000 @ .5Ohm
  • (2) 15" Sundown Zv5

The old school Hifonics Zeus Class AB was (and still is!) a Legend. The amp was rated for 600-ish watts RMS (into 4) but made over 900 at (2 Ohms). That only tells half the story though.

If you're ever able to hook that bad boy up to a good efficient set of subs, you will see what I mean!

Can you take pics of the amp and the card slot please? I have a friend with two working Zeus and one blown one...

Yeah, I can try. If not today, tomorrow. But do you know what I mean about the card slot ? Like do you know where to find said card or even what it's called ?

Hu - Pioneer DEH-80prs.

Alt - Singer 330A

• 9 years later...