Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
SPLadd1ct

Buying a clamp meter

10 posts in this topic

I am buying a clamp meter for christmas and would like to order it tomorrow sometime so it gets here by Christmas. I am willing to spend up to $350 on one and am mainly looking at Fluke products.

This is my first clamp meter and I want to buy good quality the first time around...

I don't know much at all about these types of tools, but from what my research has conducted is that this would be a pretty good model to go with.

http://www.amazon.com/Fluke-337A-DCDigital-Clamp-Backlight/dp/B004XB49L8

I also see in videos that people use a digital multi meter to obtain the AC voltage also. Do I need a special multimeter for this? Or would any decent multimeter do the trick?

Thanks fellas...

I like Fluke, I just dont like buying a name, Klein, Milwaukee, Greenlee, Ideal... All make great clamps for less and have the same rating and quality

should of looked at my for sale thread i had a few clamp meters and sold a new fluke 337 for $200. i have dmm left

mines a craftsman for $50.00 checked voltage with my fluke. right on.

How do the fluke 335, and 336 compare to the 337? I too am looking for a nice accurate clamp that has true rms function. Let me know what you guys think!