Viper smart start for Android phone?

My truck didnt come with the autostart feature and i figure rather than just get the mopar one Id get a better alarm and go to the viper, problem is their website is confusing as fuck and I dont understand it exactly...

What product or combo of products do I need to be able to control everything off of my phoen and where is the best/cheapest place to buy from? I see people on here saying they are ~200 for the 5901 and I cant find that price anywhere

lol

or you can just start hooking shit up together and blow up speakers and your amp

Please don't get smart start. I own it, and it's the worst investment I've ever put into my car.

It takes anywhere from 10-15 seconds for the app to load up. Then it takes anywhere from 15 seconds to a minute for the unlock/lock command to work. The servers crash from time to time as well, which means the app won't work at all!

Add in virtually no customer service (Myself and several others I know have spent countless hours waiting for someone to take us off hold when we'd call,) the price of the unit itself AND the price of a 1-3 year membership and you have a waste of money.

Just get an alarm with remote start. That Viper is a very good alarm system, I have a more basic model and LOVE it! You can browse around eBay and sometimes get lucky. If you want to buy direct from an online store then Sonicelectronix probably has the cheapest price for those. Hope I helped!

wow really? That sucks it seems so cool to be able to control it from my phone and not have to carry the extra keychain

The only review i could find of it last night wasnt the greatest as well.

Oh well, i guess Ill just get the new 5902 with the color screen

lol

or you can just start hooking shit up together and blow up speakers and your amp

omega offers their version--carlink. its cool, and cheaper. it can be used on any current models that end in the letter B, such as the 330 EDBP, which can be installed for much less than some viper alarms too. they offer a 1830EDBP combo unit, but uses a lot of remote batteries. 2020EDPB 2 way alarm combo which has rechargeable usb remote. its a great unit, 1 mile range, car link compatible. product and install with car link will likely be close to $600-$700 though on that unit.

i have the color screen viper just got it. i like it so far except the remote start doesnt work some times because my car you sometimes have to hold the ignition for it to start but when the car is warm works like a charm. was looking into smart start for my android but i might just pass that up unless i start seeing much better reviews