Sonic Electronix

amp is hot please help!!

today i went to go get my rf t2500-1bdcp amp installed and tuned..after 5 mins of play time. that amp was EXTREMELY HOT! wasn't even able to keep my hands on it for more then 8 seconds..im running it on 0'guage wire. and all my connections are right..still skeptic i take it to another audio store to have them take a look ..they agree that everything is connected correctly and tuned and cant explain why the amp was so damn hot. their only logical reason was because of the bass knob i have it on a hifonics bass knob because my RF PEQ bass knob hasn't came in yet..but there still shouldn't have been a reason why this amp go so hot within 5 mins.it wasn't even playing that loud when it got installed... no redlining or anything..to be more specific i have 0 gauge knukoncepts wire 280 amp...1 fi btl n2 15 1ohm..a RF t600-4 on a 4guage stinger wire.thats powering my re xxx 6.5 and 4 crescendo super tweeters...with a stinger distribution block..everything connected correctly..and a yellow optima battery with stock alt. and box was built my dave the box guy everything is in my scion xB. i disconnected the amp kus i didnt want to risk of messing it up so.can someone PLEEEAAASSSEEE help me out here i spent a shit load on this amp.. so why is my amp getting so hott and what can i do to fix it.thank you!

Stay Golden

okay i went to go check on the ground placement (took pics as well in process of uploading them) and i see that the ground is sharing with the t600-4 ground. is that bad ? also the remote wire is sharing from the t600 as well..and my subwoofer is wired at 1 ohm but its originally 2ohms

IMG_1278.jpg

IMG_1280.jpg

Stay Golden

i have a optima yellow top battery and stock alt for my 08 scion xb..i dont really know what u mean my what electrical do i have sorry

Sharing grounds isn't that big of deal if it is a good grounding point. Also what kind of electrical do you have?

Stay Golden

i have a optima yellow top battery and stock alt for my 08 scion xb..i dont really know what u mean my what electrical do i have sorry

Sharing grounds isn't that big of deal if it is a good grounding point. Also what kind of electrical do you have?

Get rid of that hifonics bass knob you can only use an rf bass knob.

Helix P SIX DSP

Audiofrog GS10/GS60

Hertz HSV165XL (Rear Fill)

yeah thats what i heard and i am getting rid of it..just waiting for my PEQ knob to come in on monday..but i just dont see why this amp is so damn hot..doubt it was because of the bass knob within 5 mins of very light play time...i also disconnect the bass knob as well forgot to mention that..after it cooled down a lil..and then i played it again without the bass knob connected and it continued to get hot again :(

Stay Golden

Archived