Help with a home audio setup

Okay. So I do not know that much if any about home audio. I don't know what's good or anything an I want some nice home audio with good speaker towers. So if anyone good throw me a link or some info on home audio it would be greatly appreicted.

Thanks

Sid

For Floorstanding I like Klipsch, B&W, and some Polk, you can usually find Klipsch on craigslist n stuff

This. Don't use Car audio for home audio unless you know what you're doing to make enclosures for the speakers/woofers. Klipsch and Polk are the best ways to go. I got myself a full Polk audio 5.2 for about a grand and it sounds absolutely astounding. Can make a 5.1 from Polk for as cheap as... 750 or so brand new. Klipsch sounds a bit better, but is also a bit more spendy, and has pretty bad customer service.

If you just want some "Bump" for your room, you can build a 2.1 for as cheap as like...400-500.

Edited by WillPwn4Food

Wall build: http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/174827-walled-taurus-with-lambo-doors/#entry2571893

real men dont use fuses :D

Neither do morons
Says the guy with lambo doors on his Ford Taurus.

Polk FTW I found a 3.1 system at a garage sale with a receiver. I gave the guy 20 bucks for all of it...true story. Opened all the grills and everything was perfect! Best find I've ever found in my life. Then I went on CL and bought two more speakers to complete the 5.1 system, it sounds amazing and pretty clear.

Scion tC SQ Build
iPad mini, lots of fabrication, daily driven
Ford Explorer C Pillar Wall Build

Just a cheap car to destroy with bass :D

• 2 weeks later...

Truthfully, i would get a pair of nice car subs, a pair of nice piezo tweeters,

a crossover, and build my own. also a pioneer receiver would be best

2007 Ford Focus SES Hatchback

Pioneer HU

4 Digital Designs 9515i's in a B pillar.

2 Soundstream XXX 15K's (running at 16 volts)

Soundstream Mids/Highs in custom door panels (getting rebuilt soon)

Soundstream TA2.160 and TA2.400

Sky High and KNU wiring

3 Banks of Maxwell caps 

Winston Lithium (not a fan)

Bump4Life 250 Amp Alt. aka USAlternators

Soundstream Focus and Avenger Build Log

Instagram @p4linnovation

YouTube: Team Blowin Loud 

• 3 weeks later...

Just thought i'd add my little tidbit in here :)

if you go here on parts-express, they have a bunch of DIY speaker builds. many of them have parts lists, assembly instructions, diagrams, etc. so you can copy some of those builds since most of them are proven.

also, in the speaker building section, there's these kits that are made to be very easily assembled and installed (even a video on how to put together the crossover). there are quite a few people that review them, and i've noticed that most of the reviews are made by people who have been doing this for years and know their shit.

one downside i have found with the speaker projects is that they use really high end parts for their projects, so they tend to be a little pricey.

i have done a lite bit of research myself on building loudspeakers, so send me a PM if you decide to go the DIY route.

Just say no to Ground Pounder Customs.

More box builds

some cars do over 170db with one sub, so clearly my two 12"s can do that in my car, with my knowledge too! look out bitches!

I'm with captain stupid.