Dc Audio Subs For Audioque Hdc3 15

Guest Nismofreak

no that wasnt pointed twoards you nismo, it was to show aaron that the new ones are louder than the oldies straight out the box

MMM BASS OATS..ITS WHAT I HAVE FOR BREAKFAST

2 AudioQue HDC3 18'' subs

Rockford Fosgate T1 6.5 mids

MMATS 2000.05

XS Power D1200

Knukonceptz 1/0

Pioneer Premier DEH-P490iB

" Shit I can roll a blunt better than those bitches in Havana!"- Uncle Elroy

Guest Nismofreak

well can anyone help me out on who wants to trade lol..or help me get louder than that

my box is tunned to 32hz and I don't know if to low...but it loud to the ear

48hz tunned to lol

um

mine is 32 lol

Like i said. If you got your self a good box tuned to a good number that is all you need. I tried my dd at 33 hz and it didnt get loud, I shortend my port and inverted my sub for for less displacement in my box and I got a lot louder.

Me, I like tuning at 40 hz because I know my sub will be able to play down to 30 hz without a problem. So why should I tune lower and sacurfice my db score, when I can still hit all the low 30 hz notes being tuned at 40 hz.

Tuning low is great if all your after is wanting to make your car rumble and not be as loud as you can be. But if your going to want to be running bassrace its a good idea to tune higher unless you want to bassrace 129.9.

But then again if your wanting a loud spl setup, start tuning around 50-70hz, it will sound like ass on music, but will be loud at burps.

I personally think 40 hz is a good number because you will still pick up a good freq range from 30-80 or so hz. But this is just my opinion..

cool imput i was planning on tuning it at 35, now im bumping up to 40

MMATS 2000.05

XS Power D1200

Knukonceptz 1/0

About 3-4 weeks ago I built a box that has a "leave out" in it to accept a port "assembly". I built the box really strong, double 3/4" mdf all the way, tite bond II, 3" screws, 1" diameter dowel rod bracing, fiberglass resin 45's and lining, etc. This way, I have a box that will stand up to the tests and I can build and swap ports without having to build a different box each time. Maybe if you try this, at least for awhile you can find where your system in your car bangs the best.

BJJ20logo20resize.png

well for me its sub back port up

MMATS 2000.05

XS Power D1200

Knukonceptz 1/0

Cool. However you want to arrange it. What I was meaning though, is that instead of building the port in the box, leave a spot out in the top. Then you can build different port assemblies to different tuning frequencies to find your best. What I am talking about is the same as Mr. Meade's current box. He made a point in the build log to point out that he built it for a swapable port.

Of course this is just a suggestion, but I just wanted to share since I am having such a good run with it.

BJJ20logo20resize.png

hey tom have you posted over at CA to see if anyone will trade you..even for an older HD3 its still good..or sell the 2 DC and buy 2 HDC3s

MMATS 2000.05

XS Power D1200

Knukonceptz 1/0

Any sub can sound like shit, or be the best sounding...

Me, I dont really believe in a spl/sq sub. The only thing a spl sub has is a tighter tolerence in the motor for the most part, which is NOT reccomended for daily use. But depending on the company you buy from you can change that like you can with FI for example.

You see people at every comp with some low level pos subs walled off burping pretty high numbers on a non spl sub, and then again you see people in SQ comps with DD subs...

If you got a crap box, your sub will sound like crap, same if you are using a low end amp. I can my bottom dollar that if someone would put a fully loaded fi btl in a box and run a power acoustik amp to it, it will sound like shit compaired to a rockford fosgate amp..

Unless you have tried the sub out for yourself you really have no room to go and trash it by saying they sound like ass.

And if you did try it out, did you try different enclosere sizes and port tuning. Maybe someone else had a audioque sub and claimed their install was crap and used all recommended info for the box from the site, but maybe they wont tell you that they messed up on the port/tuning, or miscalculated box mesaurements because they dont want to man up and look dumb..

Just some food for thought.

Another example.

GalaticMonkey. 4 18s walled and 8 sundown 1500s if I remember right. He had nothing but problems with his FI's. So does that mean that FI's suck? No it doesnt, most likely he had another problem, because we all know Meade has no problem with his.

Most mishaps in car audio are installer based, and even tho you might not be man enough to admit you clipped your amp and thats why your tinsil leads broke. but a good company will stand behind their customer and make good with them.

in all honestly i'll debate this til the cows come home. you can believe what you want i've even argued this with steve.

theres no way in HELL any DD, MT , or BTL is EVER going to sound like a mag or XXX with all subs properly installed. we can debate it til the cows come home. I love browsing forum after forum and seeing everyone say.. "oooo my BTL's are SOOOO clean sounding" I havent personally heard steves setup and dont really need to , The linear response of these SPL subs are not the same as more SQ oriented subs. And honesly the whole bandwagon hype behind a SPL sub sounding just as good as anything else is one of the reasons behind them selling so well.

In all honesty i'll take a loud 1k RMS sub thats effiecient (sp) over a sub that people wanna put 3 and 4k to make loud all day long. im more of a little equipment big sound person, over a crapload of power to achieve the same goal. Anyhow if anyone would like to debate and would rather not post it on the forum i always check my PM's and im on aim all night everynight

Archived