Every car I've been in that has power windows I can hold and click the button when the window is up and make the lights dim and flash. I don't know why but it's very interesting what could cause it.

Rest In Peace mother.

January 22, 1955 - February 14, 2013

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/user/35351-megrch/

I'm having a small problem with my headlights dimming while idling and rolling my windows up. I don't have anything extra over factory except a grounding kit from Active Tuning but it was doing this before. Where would be a good place to start to find out what is causing this?

Your amp is taking power. Do the big 3 upgrade and it will help. Get another battery or a Capacitor and it will fix it.

I don't recommend a capacitor though, they just store power taken from the battery and use it where it is needed, which can lead to clipping. Plus, a good one that will do its job costs way more than buying just another battery.

Edit: That is weird that rolling the windows up causes it to dim too, but I can bet money that getting another battery would fix that problem too.

Edited by Ram1989custom

1989 Dodge D150, 318 LA; Holley Fuel InjectionBuild Log:http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/72838-dc-dodge-d150-blowthrough-thread-updated-pics-fixed-2-level-4-15s-wlvl-5-coils/Truck Add-ons: 20" rims2/4 drop15% tintBucket seatsK&N air filterSmog Pump deleteStereoWORK IN PROGRESS2 DC Level 4 15s with Level 5 Coils1 Audiopipe AP15001D (Soon to be a Crescendo BC3500)JBL 650W amp (unsure of model)4 6x9 Rockford Prime 3 ways2 Soundstream TWS.4 Dome tweetersKnuKonceptz 1/0 Power Wire

*3 Kinetik 2400s and a Mechman 270A alt in the future*

the reason rolling up the windows causes it to dim is its pulling alot of power to run the window motor. while also trying to power everything else. if you have a weak battery or an alternator that isn't charging to its full compacity then its gonna dim.

get a multi-meter and see what your battery voltage is with the car off. also check what your alternator is charging at while the car is running.

Edited by blackandgoldl69