Sonic Electronix

i have checked several phones with o-scope just cuz i was bored. and all of them put out a hideously nasty signal even at low volume. cd or USB is the way to go

2002 ford focus hatch

pioneer DEH-P8400bh

infinity kappa 6.5 components front and rear

XS Power D1200

Shuriken BT-100

audioque 120.4

2 15 inch audioque HDC3 D2

2 audioque 2200d

big 3

mechman 220a alt with external regulator

479-418-3056

Nearly every device with a headphone jack output will clip. All iPods will at max volume, I'd bet that all Blackberry's do, probably all the Android phones as well. The digital to analog sound processor in these devices is powered by a tiny little battery, not the most powerful thing in the world. I've always found that 85%-ish is the point where I can't hear any distortion on my iPod with a flat EQ. However, I've also noticed that off an iPod there's much weaker bass than off a CD or USB drive. After grabbing a flash drive for my car I haven't found a need for CD's or my iPod in the car anymore.

Mines the opposite mine is louder off my ipad via aux. then cds are. I cant even drop my voltage under 13 with 2 saz 3500s and stock alt with my cd player (honestly) i sure as hell can with something thru the aux input tho

6 Sundown X 15s

2 Sundown NS1 V2s

C Pillar 4th order

Bagged Suburban on 24s

http://youtube.com/tlee333

Nearly every device with a headphone jack output will clip. All iPods will at max volume, I'd bet that all Blackberry's do, probably all the Android phones as well. The digital to analog sound processor in these devices is powered by a tiny little battery, not the most powerful thing in the world. I've always found that 85%-ish is the point where I can't hear any distortion on my iPod with a flat EQ. However, I've also noticed that off an iPod there's much weaker bass than off a CD or USB drive. After grabbing a flash drive for my car I haven't found a need for CD's or my iPod in the car anymore.

Mines the opposite mine is louder off my ipad via aux. then cds are. I cant even drop my voltage under 13 with 2 saz 3500s and stock alt with my cd player (honestly) i sure as hell can with something thru the aux input tho

What cd's are you using? If you burn a 320kbps song on a cd it doesn't change the quality.

Maybe the EQ is bass boosted on your ipad? idk just making a guess as to why the bass is louder. But after reading this thread, It makes me cringe even more at the thought of using my Aux jack on my deck. It should be ok at low levels though right?

MP3's off an iPod's dock connector to USB will be the same as MP3's off a flash drive and will be the same as the same MP3's burned onto a CD. Burning an MP3 onto a CD doesn't magically up the bitrate and make a higher quality audio recording. It just writes whatever data is there. WAV will generally be a better bitrate as it is uncompressed (unless someone decided to lower it to reduce file size)

If you have your iPod at full volume through the AUX input, it'll be louder bass because it's actually a higher amplitude sine wave than the unamplified file off the CD. The "volume" knob on your iPod is a gain knob for the internal amplifier. Nothing more. The trade off is that the audio is now most likely a clipped signal. The same effect as turning the gain knob on your amp to full. It will be loud but it's risking damage to your equipment.

A small amount of clipping is fine of course but if you haven't used a DD-1 or o-scope to set your gains then your iPod is clipping plus your headunit at full volume could be clipping and possibly your sub amplifier. 3 potential sources of distortion simply compounding on one another. If you're going for best quality, stick to .wav files on a flash drive/iPod via dock connector or use CD's.

Edited by Maxim

wtf is lolcats?

I'd def get a fat hooker if i had to resort to that kinda thing. I feel like they'd be grateful and work harder. Also its more bang for my buck, more real estate for my dollar if you catch my drift. its like the Costco of streetwalkers.

I was hoping for 150 :(.

I was hoping she would let me put it in her butt

I found out my CD's really don't bump as hard as my iPod does. Now with the aux cable into my iPod with the volume at about 80-85% on the iPod, the output is completely different. I can actually get my (well, what used to be anyway) back windshield to flex. It does help to have a very high quality aux cable as well, I took one from my computer and compared it to my Griffin cable and the difference is night and day.

2001 Toyota Corolla CE:

4x Crescendo PWX6.5's

2x Crescendo FT1-SE's

1x DC Audio lvl 2 M1 8 (looking for more)

Slot port box 0.7ft^3 @ 31.77hz

Rockford Fosgate R750.1

1/0 Knu wiring all around

Looking for XS Power D1200

ipods and iphones used through USB are interfaced. the radio reads it off the unit sort of like a CD unlike aux where it replicates the sound. itunes claims their songs that you download are "lossless" and are CD quality.

Edited by EVAlonSo

MECP MASTER CEA208509

Proud employee of Alarms, ETC in lakeland, FL

ASE certified

2002 Tacoma:

4 RF P3 15s @ 28hz

2 RF T1500-1bdcps

2 pair Kicker QS

4 Pair RF Power 6s

3 RF p400-4

1 RF p200-2

ALP CDA-9887

ipods and iphones used through USB are interfaced. the radio reads it off the unit sort of like a CD unlike aux where it replicates the sound. itunes claims their songs that you download are "lossless" and are CD quality.

It is actually the opposite... Most of their songs are not cd quality and are usually a low bit-rate.

In regards to bitrate, I've always ended up with 256kbps from iTunes. But I don't think I have ever seen iTunes claim their songs are lossless.

System:

Basically Stock

In process of upgrading