Second Skin Audio

box size. re sex 10

I would post this in the RE section but it says read archive only.

Question is, What is the smallest possible cuft3 box I could run for 2 re sex 10s ported. I know the online suggested minimum size is 1 cuft3 per woofer. Just wondering if anybody has messed around with boxes for this sub?

BABYJUICE

if they say a min of 1 cuft then you shouldnt go lower.

t1500bdcp

2 t2d4 15"

1 t600.4

1 t400.2

1 set p1 tweets

singer alt, tons of wiring, smd vm-1, 80prs, back seat delete, still in the works, aiming for a 145-147 with the ability to play 25hz up to 50hz.

2ft^3 for a pair is the absolute lowest I'd go. Once you start going too small with them you really sacrifice your low-end output. Ideally, you're want about 2.5-2.75ft^3 for the pair in a common chamber box.

Edited by RAM_Designs

Ryan Miskin - owner of RAM Designs

I have my PM's turned off, please email at <script data-cfhash='f9e31' type="text/javascript"> /* */</script>

2200+ designs since March 2011...

2.5 with a 35 hz tuning doesn´t look bad at all, at least for a lot of 10" subs it´s a good box, my DD 1510´s sucked ass on 1.25 tho lol

I´m the SPL Gains topic creator!! wanna get louder?? check this: SPL Gains. Panamenian 2009 & 2010 & 2014 Bass Race 149.9 Champion!

2 15" subs and a 2K wired at 1 ohm, http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/167788-fecupe2001-2-15s-on-a-2k-video-on-page-3/

8 Massive 15" subs and small power, http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/179296-fecupe2001s-8-15s-4th-order-bandpass-wall/

2.5 tuned to 35hz or would you go lower tuning? This is for daily. Just looking for good output. The vehicle is an f250 so im trying to gather as much space I can and still keep it looking stock.

I prefer a lower tuned box, but it's up to you. I like having that low-end extension and despise having an obvious peak in the 45-55hz area.

Ryan Miskin - owner of RAM Designs

I have my PM's turned off, please email at <script data-cfhash='f9e31' type="text/javascript"> /* */</script>

2200+ designs since March 2011...

So would possibly 32hz sound better then 35 and peak lower so I get more of the low end bass? This is my second time building ported box and first time building one for myself. I would do what everybody says and build boxes till.I find what I like but I don't have the time,patience or money to do that right now. I built a box for two sex 12s that was 4cuft3 tuned to 34 hz and it seemed to hit the lows pretty good but that was also for a camry with the box in the cabin not the trunk.

BABYJUICE

Depends on the kind of music you like, for me, 30-35 hz tuning is too low, i always tune around 38 hz for daily since i listen to reggae,merengue,salsa,reggaeton and hip hop , i did tune to 33 hz once in the swift to get hairtricks tho...

I´m the SPL Gains topic creator!! wanna get louder?? check this: SPL Gains. Panamenian 2009 & 2010 & 2014 Bass Race 149.9 Champion!

2 15" subs and a 2K wired at 1 ohm, http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/167788-fecupe2001-2-15s-on-a-2k-video-on-page-3/

8 Massive 15" subs and small power, http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/179296-fecupe2001s-8-15s-4th-order-bandpass-wall/

you should see what the manufacture suggests for the tuning, then stay at that or lower. i would go right around 30-34hz. it will be clean and deep.

t1500bdcp

2 t2d4 15"

1 t600.4

1 t400.2

1 set p1 tweets

singer alt, tons of wiring, smd vm-1, 80prs, back seat delete, still in the works, aiming for a 145-147 with the ability to play 25hz up to 50hz.