Second Skin Audio

what should i tune my box to

9cuft@30Hz port area should be 90 sqin, it will be a huge box!

10 sq inches of port per cube... wow :No: but 32-35 is good for daily like fmedina said and box will also vary with power you plan to run

This isn't teeball. YOU DO NOT GET A TROPHY JUST BECAUSE YOU SHOW UP. Put the work in and then maybe get the respect when it has been earned

151.6 with single 12 at 41 hz

153.2 with 2 12's at 43 hz

power: dd m4

10 sq inches of port per cube... wow :No: but 32-35 is good for daily like fmedina said and box will also vary with power you plan to run

I know it's 12-16 but I went by the Alpine manual multiply Vb x 4 and Port area X4, I mean I am hoping alpine knows what they are doing.. right??? Also they suggest to tune to 30Hz look it up...

Edited by Joe X

I know it's 12-16 but I went by the Alpine manual multiply Vb x 4 and Port area X4, I mean I am hoping alpine knows what they are doing.. right??? Also they suggest to tune to 30Hz look it up...

ok so where did you get 90sq inches of port from? im confused here

This isn't teeball. YOU DO NOT GET A TROPHY JUST BECAUSE YOU SHOW UP. Put the work in and then maybe get the respect when it has been earned

ok so where did you get 90sq inches of port from? im confused here

Download SWR-1542D.pdf from somewhere look ay optimum ported enclosure and find that the recommended vent area per sub is 22.5 multiply that x 4 and you get 90 sqin, of course you have to calculate the lenght by formula.

Edited by Joe X

youre right it does that..i still would give them more port area than that but thats just my opinion