LED's vs. DD-1

I think the DD-1 had a lot more time, thought and money put into it, I don't think putting it up against a $5 led strip proves anything.

Lots of tension in here :shrug:

And the fact more than one person agrees does not make it a circle jerk, it makes it a bukkake scene and you're in the middle ;)

Chick took 3 shots of Jager, and then, pissed in my mouth..

B5 Passat Build Log

postedimagel.png

Wheres Dr. Subwoofer when you need him, he knows all!!!! LOL

I doubt Tony would make, and Steve would sell a product that didnt do what its supposed to do. Im sure there was a few months of vigorous (sp?) testing that went into this product to make sure everything was proper with the product. The last thing Tony or Steve would want is to market and sell a product that would turn around and give them a bad name.

TDHRIP_zps8bedfde5.jpg

06 Impala SS
Kenwood Excelon DDX593

Ampere Audio 150.4

Ampere Audio 5K
1 XS D4700 (front)
Mechman 320a Alt. w/ Big 3

Lots of Second Skin Damplifier

Under Construction for 2017

I still want ever own or use a DD-1 .. :good:

good. You are the LAST person i would want for a customer. Why are you here anyway? I am getting tired of your daily smart ass comments. I say you go find another forum to play in because your welcome is wearing out real fast. Not because you "want ever use a dd-1"....but because you are a dick. Its a damn shame because you are one of the original members here.

All SMD products + MORE available at my store here! https://wccaraudio.com/ 
wc2022-red-black-whitebg_1667625898__08138.original.png.02e514af82dce531edf1aa4a36851c60.png

Subscribe to My Youtube Channel! Over 1,000,000 subscribers strong! Turn on your notifications!
http://www.youtube.com/meade916

Follow My Instagram! Daily live feeds from the shop, exclusive content way before it hits my Youtube channel...and little squares with photo's in them :D
http://www.instagram.com/meade916

The Official SMD Facebook fan Page
https://www.facebook.com/SteveMeadeDesigns/

Follow my Tweet (Twitter)
http://www.Twitter.com/meade916

funny video

i will use my visual example for those who need it. 40hz clipped sine wave with harmonic distortion

untitled-78.jpg

the DD-1 will turn red whenever there is a frequency besides 40hz and 1000hz. this is because of harmonic distortion, which occurs from clipping

the dd-1 allows 1% thd (total harmonic distortion)

this is why it isnt an on/off red light, it varies in light as the power increases in higher order harmonics.

i used to have a friend that would wire 30+ LEDS to the speaker leads and toss them throughout the car...

Edited by Decaf

TeamSundown-sig.jpg

so would this led "trick" even get the signal close to clean? I dunno, about using a couple lightbulbs!z

Now I have yet to see someone burn their shit up after using the DD-1, I would call that a justified expense and when I get a chance I am getting one.

lol, or I could just go on ebay and buy some led's. Of a couple of miles of duct tape instead of second skin, or 500 tweeters instead of subs.

People like this kill me, I am going to come up with a fake way to make my Christmas tree more efficient than my Sig P-250...

I still want ever own or use a DD-1 .. :good:

good. You are the LAST person i would want for a customer. Why are you here anyway? I am getting tired of your daily smart ass comments. I say you go find another forum to play in because your welcome is wearing out real fast. Not because you "want ever use a dd-1"....but because you are a dick.

So im a dick ...for stating the obvious ..Im not the only one that notices the gimmick ...

I posted this not to cause a firestorm but so light could be shed on the issue by those who can (Meade/D'Amore). Cause to those of us who dont know better can be misled into thinking the product is not as acurrate as it's been claimed to be as insinuated by the video.

Lastly....if the led thing is so acurrate, why is there not a single thread about anyone ever using that method to set their gain?

Alpine CDA-117...Memphis 16-X03

CDT Audio SQA-4100...SEAS Prestige H1396...Crescendo MP-6

Soundstream Rubicon 1.2500d...Digital Designs 3512f

funny video

i will use my visual example for those who need it. 40hz clipped sine wave with harmonic distortion

untitled-78.jpg

the DD-1 will turn red whenever there is a frequency besides 40hz and 1000hz. this is because of harmonic distortion, which occurs from clipping

the dd-1 allows 1% thd (total harmonic distortion)

this is why it isnt an on/off red light, it varies in light as the power increases in higher order harmonics

Thank you! I did not know the technical term or have visuals, however most amps rate their amps output power beyond the point of clipping, hence "THD" (Total Harmonic Distortion)...