XS Power

I got an XS power D5100r recently and I read the voltage when it got here and it was at 12.5. I put it on charger over night and it was charging up to 14.5v. When I would take it off the charger, it would drop back down to 12.5. immediately I am using a CTEK Multi US 3300 charger. Is this a bad battery, should I send it back?

I've heard good resting voltage for agm batteries is around 13-12.6v. :shrug: It is kind of weird the resting voltage didn't go up any though. It might not have finished the charging cycle to though because it was just overnight and if you have a low amperage charger it could take awhile to fully charge it.

what you were reading was the voltage that the charger is putting out. try this. turn your charger on and measure the voltage from the charger without hooking it to the battery. money says it is around 14.5v. 12.5v wouldnt signal a bad battery to me. you should be ok. if you wanted to be sure you could have the battery load tested, i thing just about any auto parts store should be able to load test it for you, that would tell you for sure if the battery is good or not.

Edited by crispy_chick3n

This page is crispy_chick3n approved.

© crispy_chick3n inc

usually agm batts rest in the high 12.5+ but closer to 129 on average.

if the voltage of the batt drops right as you take it off the charger that is charging around 14.x volts, back down to 12.5 in a matter of minutes... i dont think that is normal.

they usually take a while to drop after it reaches 13 volts resting

Team Clearly Louder (MECA)Team DC Audio

++* SELLING the CACTUS SOUNDS K12 for $1550 shipped *++

HMU!!!

3 flips. nollie flips. big flips. hardflips. - steez

Youtube Channel My Build Log

95 Bonneville SSE

- WALLED/4th Order - ~30 cubes -

*thanks LoganBerry, CortezDVT, Cj18, SuperCharged DC, Ryan-RAM Designs,LoudNLow931*