Second Skin Audio

sealed or ported

Ok so i just ordered two type r 15's running off 2 precison power 2k amps. My thing is will it e louder in a ported box or sealed because i've saw vids of type r's in sealed being loud,but some say ported would be loud.I'm having the subs faring toward the trunk. My two guesses was a probox super bass ported or the hatchback sealed. So i just want some good suggestions and responses on which one to be better.I hope this is not a vs thread. :ehh:

ported.

'93 Firebird Formula V8

H/U- Kenwood eXcelon KDC-X395

Mids/Highs Amp- Hifonics ZXI80.4

Wiring-KNU RCA's, Speaker Wire, And Two Runs Of Trystar 1/0

G34 Red Top and a 180amp Ford Alternator

www.youtube.com/TRTC360

If you have the space, do ported, you will gain more output from them, plus you can smell the coil if you are feeding to much power.

Jeep Cherokee 4dr -4.75 in front, new rusty's 4.5 in rear leafs -micky thompson 35x14.50x15 -locker rear -Rusty's offroad Engine/transmission/transfer case/crossmember/gas tank skid plates -Warn front bumper with 8000lb winch -Custom rear bumper -Warrior product tube doors (summertime) -Optima redtop (starter) -26XK miles and still runs like a bat out of hell

Kenwood H/U

1/0 wire,

136 amp alt 200 ah batteries 12.7 daily

2 Apsm 1500 @ 2 ohm strapped on zv3 d1 with ns softparts

Mb quart 125.4 wired to 4 aura 6's

3.6 cube box tuned to 36 plays down to 23hz

First off, this is def not a VS thread, so don't worry about that. You should really run a ported box and throw those type R's in it. Don't buy a prefab box though, have someone build it or build it yourself. You can tune the box to a specific frequency, and if you want the LOWS, it's the best option, that way you can tweak it to your listening preferences.

Im not the one you want to try to troll. Just a fyi for you.

ported will be louder than sealed. BUT sealed will dig down very low, youll be able to play lower than ported (20 hz :santa: )

i had 2 15 l7s sealed and i could flex windows of stores and my tires.

but im now building a ported box to get louder.

If you build it right, typically you get BETTER low end extension in ported. It depends a little on the sub, but you should gain 3 to 5 db in the right box and kill teh lowz.

If you tune SPL subs for a SPL setup, say 37-45 hz, then you probably won't dig down in the 20hz area too much and can even wreck your sub trying. But if you're willing to give up a couple of DBs in the 40-60 hz range to gain a few in the 20-30 hz range, tune lower, say in the 28-35 range, again depending on your sub. Some just won't do low tuned.

97SSBlazer ran 5 12" Type Rs in a box tuned to 32, said he hit the lowz really hard, and ran high 40s and did hair tricks... Subs in trunk not facing forward. :drink40:

2007 Pacifica
Rebuild. Less quiet. Still not loud.