Sundown Audio

Help to Set Gain, subsonic, low pass Hifonics BRZ2100.1D

FreeZzy

I just "attempted " to set my subsonic and low pass filter today. It sucks that hifonics didn't make more marks for.setting these (quarter marks would have been good atleast) but I tried to set them as good as I could. What I read on here is, set the subsonic to where you want the lowest hrz to play and set the lowpass to where you don't want it play above a certain hrz. For me for example my box is tuned to 32 hrz so I set it where it wont play anything below 27 hrz and it.won't play anything above 80 hrz. Hope this helps.

Maybe someone can.correct me if.im wrong.

Ps. Sorry.for all the.periods. im.on mobile :/

BABYJUICE

With gain, you can adjust a couple of ways. The way that most on here ( including me ) will recomend is to use the SMD DD1, which detects distortion and is honestly the easist tool to use. Others may recomend to scope the gains which is also a good way to do it. From there, it would be a guessing game. Some have the theory of 3/4- not good. Others may say to use a DDM, which is not accurate. As far as setting your low pass and sub-sonic, adjust the subsonic to 26/27hz ( rule of thumb is 5hz below box tuning ) and low pass to 80hz ( once again rule of thumb), but some may want a little higher or lower, really depends on what you like. I have no clue where 2p.m. and 10a.m. is on your amp, but what is suggested is where i would put them.

2006 GMC Yukon
Pioneer HU

SHCA ran throughout

Crescendo BC3500

One 18 AA Mayhem in a 4th order

ZED Levithian 6 channel

Rainbow Dual 6.5 comps ran Active
matt142-1-1.jpg
http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/155628-matt14s-yukon-mayhem-in-a-4th-ordernew-amps-and-bats/page-3

thank you both !

But I let my gain at 2 pm :)

I have a one more question, i have a Low pass Filter for subwoofer on my Pioneer 7200SD, can i use it to adjust low pass ? ( example i put the low pass on amplifier at maximum and put 80 hz on pioneer 7200SD " same like a home theater subwoofer " ) ?

thanks

Edited by FreeZzy