My First Build (i5-3570K @ 4.8GHz) - Rebuild Soon!

Alright now that I'm rested and able to type correctly, here we go.

First off, you'll notice that I'm running the stock Intel fan. The simple answer is that I do not have my i5 yet. I am running a cheap dual core Celeron because I needed this machine up and running asap for school work, and I didn't have the money for the i5 yet. I will be purchasing it within the next month.

Second, I know my wiring is still very messy. I've decided not to take too much time wiring it clean until I get my i5, so I will clean it up then.

I am also waiting on a 3.5" card reader to go on the front panel, and another hard drive. Both of these also contribute to the messy wiring.

As for my Windows Experience Index, here it is:

pcscore.PNG

Not too great, but also not bad for being a Celeron with onboard video.

When i get my i5 and video card, those numbers will be higher. :D

Anyway, yea, there she is.

edit-

Also, when I get the i5, I will be installing a Freezer 13. You can see it in the bottom 2 pictures, sitting on my desk.

On 2/28/2013 at 2:52 PM, Chaise said:

"Now spread your butt cheeks so I can zap your asshole."

2008 Subaru Forester XT

I don't like how that case has no cable routing behind the motherboard but it's a super clean case and I love the big window!

wtf is lolcats?

I'd def get a fat hooker if i had to resort to that kinda thing. I feel like they'd be grateful and work harder. Also its more bang for my buck, more real estate for my dollar if you catch my drift. its like the Costco of streetwalkers.

I was hoping for 150 :(.

I was hoping she would let me put it in her butt

Yeah I absolutely love this case. This is our "luxury" case (hence the LX name) but most of the time I have to build the GX2 case.

I don't have pics of that particular case, but I will soon when I build my girl's PC.

Even without the cable routing behind the case, I know all the tricks to hide the wires in these cases, I just didn't really take the time to do it on this one yet. ;)

2008 Subaru Forester XT

• 4 months later...

:peepwall:

4.4GHz%20-%206-5-12.png

Currently doing some tweaks to see how high can get it.

4.6GHz is running stable right now.

Keep in mind, this is on air, no liquid. Arctic Cooling Freezer 13.

2008 Subaru Forester XT

I spot Ivy. What kind of temps are you seeing at 4.6? 4.4 @ 1.12 volts is awesome. My i7-2600K didn't play too nice and took a fair bit of voltage to get above 4.5.

wtf is lolcats?

I'd def get a fat hooker if i had to resort to that kinda thing. I feel like they'd be grateful and work harder. Also its more bang for my buck, more real estate for my dollar if you catch my drift. its like the Costco of streetwalkers.

Temps are right above it in HW monitor. ;)

Anyway, I'm now stressing a 4.6, it's been running strong for about 20 minutes now.

4.6GHz @ 1.168V, sitting at around 65* C, max was 70* C so far.

No throttling yet, I'm happy.

edit-

I need some opinions.

Right now, the only video card I have is a Gigabyte 4650 (1GB GDDR2).

Would it be better to keep running that, or switch back to integrated, and give 1GB of my RAM up to VRAM?

I have 8GB RAM to spare, so I have no problem doing it that way, I'm just at a loss at what I should do.

2008 Subaru Forester XT

I'll be honest. I'd expect the HD 4000 graphics on the Intel chip to run perfectly fine, possibly faster than the 4650. The shared RAM really shouldn't be an issue and the added card is just one more thing to troubleshoot if there's issues that crop up. If you've already got the Gigabyte card in I'd leave it though. It shouldn't affect overclocking either way.

wtf is lolcats?

I meant for (light) gaming, not really in terms of affecting the OC. I removed the 4650 when I put the 3570K in, so I'm gonna see how some games run before I make the decision.

Side note:

4.6GHz @ 1.168V @ 72*C MAX, ~60*C Average. Running for 55 minutes now, no throttling.

2008 Subaru Forester XT

I meant for (light) gaming, not really in terms of affecting the OC. I removed the 4650 when I put the 3570K in, so I'm gonna see how some games run before I make the decision.

Side note:

4.6GHz @ 1.168V @ 72*C MAX, ~60*C Average. Running for 55 minutes now, no throttling.

Jelly. So jelly. My i7 chews up volts for no reason at all. Took me up to 1.3v when I started pushing over 4.6GHz. I got mine up to 5 @1.4v but I didn't like that voltage 24/7. I'd love to see where this one winds up!

wtf is lolcats?

Archived