My First Build (i5-3570K @ 4.8GHz) - Rebuild Soon!

Voltage is HIGH you say? I'd be dancing around my room if I could keep my vcore that low!

wtf is lolcats?

I'd def get a fat hooker if i had to resort to that kinda thing. I feel like they'd be grateful and work harder. Also its more bang for my buck, more real estate for my dollar if you catch my drift. its like the Costco of streetwalkers.

I was hoping for 150 :(.

I was hoping she would let me put it in her butt

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Voltage is HIGH you say? I'd be dancing around my room if I could keep my vcore that low!

LOL

From what I've always understood, that's high, is it not?

What would be considered high?

On 2/28/2013 at 2:52 PM, Chaise said:

"Now spread your butt cheeks so I can zap your asshole."

2008 Subaru Forester XT

Anything under 1.3v on Sandy/Ivy is reasonably low. Anything under 1.4v is perfectly fine for daily use. Most people are finding their chips getting to a temperature "cap" long before they run into the voltage "ceiling" of 1.4v. 75+ degrees under full load (Prime like you're running) is about the top of where you want to be, though you can go up to ~80 during benchmarks and such and never worry about it. There are a few people running over 1.4v daily but they're under big custom water loops and have the cash to drop to replace hardware if there's any issues.

During my overclocking I tried to get as high as I could staying under 70 degrees running Prime for 2+ hours. My chip sucks though and eats voltage like a motherfucker. Took me until 1.3v to keep it stable at 4.5GHz. I've run it up to 5GHz for a few benchmark runs but it took 1.45v and I couldn't imagine that for daily use or 12+ hour gaming sessions.

wtf is lolcats?

I'd def get a fat hooker if i had to resort to that kinda thing. I feel like they'd be grateful and work harder. Also its more bang for my buck, more real estate for my dollar if you catch my drift. its like the Costco of streetwalkers.

Dang, now those are high voltages... xD

In an attempt to keep the CPU a little cooler, I've grabbed another side panel from work.

Gonna take a hole saw to sometime and add two 120mm fans.

I'll also be grabbing one of these for controlling my fans:

Newegg.com - Sunbeam PL-RS-3 Rheosmart 3 Fan Controller 3.5" Bay 3 Channel 30W Fan Controller Panel (Black)

(I grabbed another panel from work so if I screw it up, I still have a good panel)

2008 Subaru Forester XT

2012-06-11_21-30-36_850.jpg

Got the fan mounting holes lined up. The fan holes themselves are not cut yet, nor do I have the fans that will call that panel "home."

The fans should be here tomorrow or Wednesday, and I should be able to cut the holes on Thursday.

The only person I could find with a 120mm hole saw was work, and it's kinda busy there...

2008 Subaru Forester XT

I say get those fans off the side panel and onto the heatsink! The new Corsair fans look sweet!

wtf is lolcats?

I may actually upgrade my cpu cooler soon anyway. I'm not satisfied with 80+ *C

Even though I know for how much I'm overclocking, that's not very high, I still want them lower... Lol

I decided instead of jumping to a 5.0GHz, I would get a stable 4.9 and work from there.

So far:

10 minutes into a 4.9GHz, 1.312 VCore, 85*C Max, about 80*C Average

2008 Subaru Forester XT

• 1 month later...

Just an update.

I've decided to stick with my 4.8GHz, running a 140% overclocked iGPU.

I upgraded my case from the LX to a GX2. (The GX2 looks like this, except mine is black.)

I will have pics of that soon.

My reason for changing the case is simple. The LX had 1 intake fan in the front, while the GX2 has 2 of them.

I now have a total of 4 intake fans, but only one exhaust. I will hopefully be cutting a hole in the top of my case for another exhaust fan. It should help with getting hot air out of there quite nicely.

I also finally replaced my 2TB that died.

2x 1TB Seagate Barricuda's in RAID 1, and another 1TB to use as an external.

Next upgrade will be a GTX 680 or two.

2008 Subaru Forester XT

From everything I've read you should have more exaust than intake fans. I think all of the ones I have are exaust, since the front of my case is one big vent anyway.

If you dont mind the noise google AFC1212DE / Dell P/N Y4574

It moves a silly amount of air.

Archived