My First Build (i5-3570K @ 4.8GHz) - Rebuild Soon!

Note: Check Page 4 for the rebuild

Current Build as of 6/8/12

Case: LX Black from Velocity Micro

Mobo: Asus P8Z68-V/Gen3

CPU: Intel i5-3570K @ 4.8GHz

CPU Cooler: Arctic Cooling Freezer 13

RAM: G.Skill RipJaw X Series 2x4GB 1600MHz

Disk 1: Intel 320 Series 80GB SSD

Disk 2: 2x1TB Seagate Barricuda in RAID1

Optical 1: LG BluRay Burner

Optical 2: Samsung DVD Burner

Video: Integrated

Case Cooling: Quad 120mm Scythe Fans (3 Intake (Two Side Panel Fans); 1 Exhaust)

PSU: Antex "High Current Pro" 750W Modular

Future Mods

RAM: G.Skill RipJaw X Series 4x4GB 1600MHz (2x4GB Added)

Disk 1: 2x80GB Intel 520 Series SSD in RAID 1

Video: EVGA GTX670

I will be cutting my window panel to add the two intake fans, to pull air directly onto the CPU and CPU Cooler.

All 4 Scythes will be controlled by a Sunbeam PL-RS-3 Fan Controller. The two on the side panel will be soldered to use one connector, and the front/rear fans will also be on one connector, leaving one open for any other future fan mod.

I'm debating on cutting a hole for a 92mm fan on the top of the case, as an intake.

On 2/28/2013 at 2:52 PM, Chaise said:

"Now spread your butt cheeks so I can zap your asshole."

2008 Subaru Forester XT

• 4 weeks later...

Looks good

I can't seem to find any info on just the case itself, but is it a Micro case as in small? The motherboard is a standard ATX and I'm just wondering if the case will only fit mATX boards or if it will fit ATX boards.

What GPU do you plan to get down the road?

Nah, Velocity Micro is the name of the company I work for, and I got a case from them.

Here's pics of it, except mine is black.

http://www.velocitymicro.com/images/upload/lxe_silver_w.html

As for GPU, I have no idea. I've been looking at this MSI 450, since it's cheap and seems to have good reviews.

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16814127605

edit-

The case fits full size ATX boards as well

2008 Subaru Forester XT

Needs pitchars!

wtf is lolcats?

I'd def get a fat hooker if i had to resort to that kinda thing. I feel like they'd be grateful and work harder. Also its more bang for my buck, more real estate for my dollar if you catch my drift. its like the Costco of streetwalkers.

I was hoping for 150 :(.

I was hoping she would let me put it in her butt

I'll post a few when I get home from class, but it will only be my optical and disk drives sitting in the case... :lol:

Mobo and proc will be here Wednesday, I also ordered a BluRay burner today and that will be here Thursday.

edit-

I'll just wait for Wednesday on the pics.

2008 Subaru Forester XT

If you don't have a video card why are you getting a modular psu? Same with over clocking your proccesor.. What's the point without a video card?

2007 M/T Honda Civic Coupe EX

(4) Sundown Audio X-8's

(2) Ampere Audio 3800.1's

(3) Stinger SPV-44 Batteries

(1) Mechman 240

3:1 Ratio 4th order sealed from the trunk

TEAM NWSPL

Best termlab scores to date in Honda trunk:
151.7db legal (official) IASCA trunk 3 class

Best termlab scores to date in my walled Subie:
152.9db legal (unofficial) IASCA advanced 2 class
155db outlaw

If you don't have a video card why are you getting a modular psu? Same with over clocking your proccesor.. What's the point without a video card?

"until I can afford a card"

I won't be overclocking until then as well. But I will be running a video card eventually, just not yet.

edit-

And the modular PSU is to cut back on wires cluttering my case.

Working everyday building PCs with non-modular PSUs, I know it's a pain in the ass to hide those wires. So, the easiest way to hide them, is to not have them at all.

2008 Subaru Forester XT

"until I can afford a card"

I won't be overclocking until then as well. But I will be running a video card eventually, just not yet.

edit-

And the modular PSU is to cut back on wires cluttering my case.

Working everyday building PCs with non-modular PSUs, I know it's a pain in the ass to hide those wires. So, the easiest way to hide them, is to not have them at all.

I agree with both of these.

Overclocking your processor will give you a faster machine regardless of whatever else you're doing. You don't just need to be a gamer to be able to take advantage of an overclocked processor.

I'll always run a modular PSU because I hate cables. I hate seeing cables across the inside of my case and airflow is so much better inside a case that doesn't have cables cluttering it up. Only time I wouldn't worry about a modular PSU is if you have a case that separates the PSU from the rest of the internals. Something like Corsair's Obsidian 800D has a shelf between the bottom-mounted PSU and the motherboard tray where you can bunch up extra cables without blocking any fans. Plus it's for aesthetics. I buy a modular PSU and run the cables behind the motherboard tray for eh same reason people hide their power wire and RCA's in their car. It looks better and I know it's done right.

wtf is lolcats?

I'd def get a fat hooker if i had to resort to that kinda thing. I feel like they'd be grateful and work harder. Also its more bang for my buck, more real estate for my dollar if you catch my drift. its like the Costco of streetwalkers.

I was hoping for 150 :(.

I was hoping she would let me put it in her butt

Another note on the overclocking:

I'm not even overclocking for the sake of gaming, I'm actually overclocking to help in Android development. When I go to "cook" my Android software/apps/whatever, I don't need a graphics card, but a faster processor will definitely help speed things along.

Long story short: Overclocking isn't just for gaming. ;)

2008 Subaru Forester XT

Archived