so... who here carries a handgun for self defense?

Arguably im sure most of us here agree the fact you trust your life to a cheap ass gun is stupid...But hey if you only value your life that much i guess that is your prerogative

Team MaxRetribution

Si Vis Pacem Parabellum
Id rather be judged by 12 than carried by 6

Bowhunting- Life Begins and Ends at Full Draw

Bowhunting Team Fatal Trajectory Hunt Team

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/49335-sick96vtecaccords-t-line-build/?hl=sick96vtecaccord << Accord Build

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/68498-smokedout08impalas-tline-build/?hl=+sick96vtecaccord << Impala T-line build

Rebassed.com for all your music needs 👌

• Replies 154
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Arguably im sure most of us here agree the fact you trust your life to a cheap ass gun is stupid...But hey if you only value your life that much i guess that is your prerogative

So it's all about how much a gun costs and not about how skilled and accurate a person is? Really? I thought the thread was about who carries a handgun for defense and not about how much it is. If it was about how much your gun is then the the title needs changing. The Hi Point and .327 mag are not my only guns that I carry those are just the 2 I am going to tell anyone about just as I'm sure it's the same with everyone else on here. I'm not the only person on here that has a "cheap ass gun" if you would care to look. I don't boast about what I have nor how much it cost me and I could care less about how much anyone else's property cost them bro.

The dirtiest of all "DuDurty"

So it's all about how much a gun costs and not about how skilled and accurate a person is? Really? I thought the thread was about who carries a handgun for defense and not about how much it is. If it was about how much your gun is then the the title needs changing. The Hi Point and .327 mag are not my only guns that I carry those are just the 2 I am going to tell anyone about just as I'm sure it's the same with everyone else on here. I'm not the only person on here that has a "cheap ass gun" if you would care to look. I don't boast about what I have nor how much it cost me and I could care less about how much anyone else's property cost them bro.

When it comes to a well made firearm, price does reflect quality at some point. I dont care how good a shot you are, you are only as good as the gun in your hand. Im not going to trust my life to a cheap piece of shit gun. I will trust my life to a weapon with a great reputation for being accurate and and reliable. The Highpoint pistols do not fit either of these criteria. If I own a gun, at some point I may have to use it to defend my life and I will not own something that is a cheap piece of shit even if I do have other weapons.

My buddy just bought a highpoint 40 for 125$ or something like that from one of his friends.

http://www.hi-pointfirearms.com/images/40SW_polymer.jpg

Pretty sure thats the exact one, I held it in my hand and the thing is so bulky, the magazine is so cheap feeling. I couldnt even tell that it was fully in, the slide is just strapy up janked. I would be affraid to shoot the thing personally.

It serioiously felt like it was going to fall apart.

That was my first hipoint experience.....

I maintain all my equipment i have.. even if its just sitting there for more than 2ish weeks, i take it apart and clean it, take the bullets out as to not mess with the spring, ect..

hipoint is by far the worst gun i had ever owned, took it fully apart cleaned it the day i bought it *brand new mind you* made sure it was as close to spotless as you can get a weapon..

took it and shot it, jam after jam after jam, got new clips/mags whatever you all want to call them, i say mags.. tried again, same thing, jam, fire 1 round, jam, fire 2 rounds, jam jam jam, fire 1 round..

thats how ti went...

its like car audio, yeah you can buy a sony amp, it will work, but its not going to work nowhere near as good as something you spend a extra 100 on...

i now own the S&W sigma .40 and ive never had one of those issues, and its only 100$ more than the hipoint...

oh yeah, im not the only one who has had the same issue with hipoints, so its not user error or taking care of weapons.. i maintain all my shit LOL

edit

and they are saying its cheap as in, its poorly made.. not that the pricetag is cheap...

poorly made is poorly made even if its 100$ or 600$, no one will own a poorly made 600$ weapon either... we are just smart about it to know not to buy poorly made stuff

The DC Integra 3 18s to 6 15 build log

Team_DC-Derrick's Youtube

Team DC Audio

where theres a will theres a wall.......

I just realized Steve has reach Voldemort status, over on JP's site he is the one who will not be named....."We dont speak his name over here, fearing it will destroy us" LOL not even in hush tones

• 3 weeks later...

I just got my permit for concealed carry a few days ago so I now carry my Glock 22 Gen4 with a full mag of Fed. Hydra-Shok rds. Hopefully next week I'll get a Blackhawk Serpa CQC Concealment holster.

005.jpg

018.jpg

006.jpg

020.jpg

Derp.

Clip, magazine or whatever you call it is your preference.

No....actually it's not. That's like saying, "tweeter or subwoofer whatever you want to call it is your preference". Just because they both produce sound does not make them the same thing. As such, a clip and a magazine are completely different things. Are rims and wheels the same thing too?

1998 SS/T Ram Build Log

- Kenwood KVT-514 and KNA-G510 Navigation

- 2 DC Level 3 12"

- Components???

- Sundown ???

- Sundown???

- Knu Konceptz

- Second Skin Dampy Pro

- XS D6500

not me, i prefer Rifle!!!!

Duel Sa-8 V.2 D2 Sub Enclosure

2001 Pontiac Grand am

• Head Unit - OEM
  • Processor - RF 3sixty.2
  • Subs - RE Audio SXX12D4
  • Amplifier - Kicker ZX1000.1
  • Mids & Highs- Rockford Fosgate Power T2652-S
  • Rockford Fosgate Power T1693
  • Mids & Highs Amp - Rockford Fosgate Power T400-4
  • Wiring - 1/0 AWG, 4 AWG, 8 AWG
  • Alternator - Stock
  • Batteries - non ext
  • Box- Absolute PSEB12BK

I carry a either my Hi Point 9mm (10rnd clip in, 8rnd clip in holster with 1rnd in the chamber or Charter Arms Patriot .327 Magnum locked and loaded.

Since when to pistols have clips?

If I am ever in a gun fight I pray that whoever is shooting at me has a high point pistol.

No way I will ever trust my life to a gun that I can buy for the same price as the sights on my glock.

Clip, magazine or whatever you call it is your preference. If you "pray that whoever is shooting at me has a high point pistol" instead of being concerned with the skill and accuracy of the person with any weapon then that is just plain stupid to me. I've had my Hi Point for 2 years and fired thousands of rounds with it and have had no problems. I believe that if you take care of your stuff it in turn will take care of you. If a gun (regardless of price) is capable of firing a round out of it then to me it is a dangerous weapon and capable of injuring and killing.

I must agree, pistols don't have CLIPS. I learned that during my first CPL class about 6 years ago, but I've been stuck on it ever since. It's the same irritation I get when someone tells me the max rating of their amplifier as if that means something.

Years ago, after this happened....

Picture579.jpg

I went and got this....

001021.jpg

then I realized, I'm not fighting a damn war and I needed some pistols so....

001gr.jpg

Picture105.jpg

Picture104.jpg

Right now I just have my p226 w/ Crimson Trace laser grip. I'll be in the market for a Glock 19 very soon.

Learning Everyday.

Pioneer AVH-P4000DVD

Alpine SPS-610C

BXI-2008D

(2) SWR-1242D / Ported

Archived