I'm gonna be having a wall built in my 2005 Astro sometime during the next comp season. I know I'm gonna need to add a couple extra leaf's to the rear suspension, but what about the front? The wall will actually be in the rear of the van, so the majority of the weight will be in the rear and not at the B pillar. Anyone do a wall build in an Astro before? Just trying to get an idea of what I'm going to have to buy before the wall goes in.

2001 Blazer ~ (2) 10" DC lvl 4's, Orion 2500d 148.9db

2005 Astro ~ (2) 18" DC XL's, Atomic 5000.1 153.9 db

New England SPL

NESPL - YouTube

• 2 months later...

Unless newer astros have multiple leaf springs- you just have one composite leaf on each side in the rear.

Helper springs can be had for like $60 bucks, Helper bags for something like $300.

http://www.suspensionconnection.com/cgi-bin/suscon/results_by_vehicle.html

You can check out my build (link in the sig)- but I have a wall at the C-Pillar. I have the STOCK suspension. No extra anything. It has dropped it like 2.25" in the rear, front didn't move. I would like to get the helper bags, but $$ might mean helper springs. ...As my van isn't daily anyway... BUT- yeah, beefier brakes aren't a bad Idea at all. LOL!! I noticed a HUUGE braking problem after the wall went in. Yeah, don't let anything jump out in front of you...

12 - 12"s in the STAY PUFT 1989 Chevy Astro

Build & Comment Log

Un-Interrupted Build Log
YouTube Channel

Chevy Trailblazer 5.1 Dolby Digital DTS Install

You have a beard of a mysterious sea captain. I would follow you to hell and back.