Second Skin Audio

need help on a box

kicker says u need 2.25 for a enclosure + adding the port volume but i have come up with 2.255 is that bad or is that fine i was told ported enclosures have to exact on to sound right and is so how and i shave the 2.255 to 2.25 if this is a dumb question i am sorry but i really want to get this box right any help would be greatful

Is it a dumb question? maybe, are you dumb for asking it?? NOT AT ALL!!! That´s why forums exist, so you can get as much help as you get before doing something wrong; About the question, boxes don´t have to be exact to the manual, depends on a lot of factors, i haven´t look at the recommended box on a manual for a few years now lol, so don´t worry about that.

P.S: 2.25 and 2.225 it´s the same thing, you are not gonna harm anything, or even hear a difference between each other, so don´t worry that much mate :)

I´m the SPL Gains topic creator!! wanna get louder?? check this: SPL Gains. Panamenian 2009 & 2010 & 2014 Bass Race 149.9 Champion!

2 15" subs and a 2K wired at 1 ohm, http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/167788-fecupe2001-2-15s-on-a-2k-video-on-page-3/

8 Massive 15" subs and small power, http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/179296-fecupe2001s-8-15s-4th-order-bandpass-wall/

thank u guys so much i dont feel dumb for asking and now i can start building my box i hope it sounds good i will probably do a build log oh and the box is for 1 10 l5 kicker actually i am making 2 boxes its going to be a long console in my silverado cutting up the back seat to make room for it

Im looking for any one who can help me desisgn a ported four twelve box for a 1992 caprice. I have 4 re audio sex 12s on a soundstream tx1.2600. I might be getting two planet audio 1400s. Im trying to build my own box because my box builder got too expensive. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks

for starters make your own thread so that more people will see it, on that thread you need to include certain info.

sub displacement?

port or no port?

if ported where do you want it tuned at?

spl or sq build? im guessing spl

net volume needed per sub?

dimensions of the trunk?

t1500bdcp

2 t2d4 15"

1 t600.4

1 t400.2

1 set p1 tweets

singer alt, tons of wiring, smd vm-1, 80prs, back seat delete, still in the works, aiming for a 145-147 with the ability to play 25hz up to 50hz.

thank u guys so much i dont feel dumb for asking and now i can start building my box i hope it sounds good i will probably do a build log oh and the box is for 1 10 l5 kicker actually i am making 2 boxes its going to be a long console in my silverado cutting up the back seat to make room for it

It's the 2.25 + port displacement + driver displacement and that's the internal volume of the box not the external.

It's the 2.25 + port displacement + driver displacement and that's the internal volume of the box not the external.

lol, I was thinking the same thing when I read the 1st post. I had a 12" Kicker CVX several years ago and that also called for a 2.25 cu ft enclosure for their "Deep Bass/SPL" box. Like Joe said, don't forget to figure in the correct size port you'll need, plus the displacement of the sub when figuring in the port. Pretty sure it was over 3 cubes when all this was figured in, unfortunately I don't keep old specs for boxes I build.

2001 Blazer ~ (2) 10" DC lvl 4's, Orion 2500d 148.9db

2005 Astro ~ (2) 18" DC XL's, Atomic 5000.1 153.9 db

New England SPL

NESPL - YouTube