Sonic Electronix

One woofer hot.... The other not why is that?

• Replies 20
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Do you have a pic of the box? Could be a loading issue. I know you said its a 6th order, but if you are sure it is not a simple wiring mistake, then it may be a fault in the box design.

Pioneer AVH-P4300DVD | Hertz 6.5 | Alpine Type R 6x9 | Custom 200A Alt | Knu Flek 1/0 Big 3 and all wiring | Eclipse EA3422 | AudioQue 2200d | DC XL 12 | Red Oak Box ~2.8 cubes @ 30 hz |

You could always wire it differently. I didn't really read how you had it hooked up but if you have the two coils hooked up series and the woofers in parallel you could rip all the wire out and wire the subs in series and the coils on each sub in parallel to get the load back. or vice versa. That way there is very little chance you screw up the exact same way again if something was wrong.

its either wired wrong.

could be unloading more than the other are both equal distance from the port opening.

could have a coil mislabelled

try them one at a time and see what happens.

THERE IS NO BUILD LOG!

1998 Chevy Silverado ext cab

Alpine CDA-9887

4 Team Fi 15s

2 Ampere Audio TFE 8.0

2 Ampere Audio 150.4

3 Digital Designs CS6.5 component sets

Dual Mechman 370XP Elite alternators inbound!

8 XS Power d3400

6 XS power d680

Second Skin

Stinger

Tsunami Wiring

Sky High

A Real Voltmeter not a piece of shit stinger.

Wired wrong Ive done it myself. Ran all coils septatly to outside of the box and i messed one up and had te same issue your having. Unhook subs from the amp, seperate each coil ( no coils conected) then "pop" test each coil individually ( make sure you conect pos to pos neg to neg on your "lugs" so you can make sure none are labaled wring) If its all wired corectly when you pop test them the sub should go out

I hope that makes sence When i Pop test my subs i just use a 12v battery and quickly touch the leads to battery

1998 gmc extd cab

12 crossfire C710s

4 SAZ-4500s

3 Singer 400A alts
buncha mids/highs

Team Asshole

9v battery will work as well.

Jeep Cherokee 4dr -4.75 in front, new rusty's 4.5 in rear leafs -micky thompson 35x14.50x15 -locker rear -Rusty's offroad Engine/transmission/transfer case/crossmember/gas tank skid plates -Warn front bumper with 8000lb winch -Custom rear bumper -Warrior product tube doors (summertime) -Optima redtop (starter) -26XK miles and still runs like a bat out of hell

Kenwood H/U

1/0 wire,

136 amp alt 200 ah batteries 12.7 daily

2 Apsm 1500 @ 2 ohm strapped on zv3 d1 with ns softparts

Mb quart 125.4 wired to 4 aura 6's

3.6 cube box tuned to 36 plays down to 23hz

my call is loading issues, i had same problems with one of my boxes, it sucked, one got hot while other was fine. but i guess you can always double check wiring :shrug:

Buyer/Seller Feedback Thread: http://www.stevemead...5015-bump4life/
MB C220 153 Trunk Car Build Log: http://www.stevemead...d/#entry1840136
MB C280 Ipad Dash SQ Build Log: http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/194484-bump4lifes-new-benz-tony-c-relay-kit-pictures-ce-electric-audison-front-stage-installed/
My SPL Log: http://www.stevemead...__fromsearch__1

BMW M340 xDrive

Stock, for now. Corner Load 10" maybe soon. But does 10s in the 1/4...
Best Scores out of a trunk
153.0 sealed legal full tilt clamped 5524 @ 42 hz
154+ windows down, 155+ kick

my call is loading issues, i had same problems with one of my boxes, it sucked, one got hot while other was fine. but i guess you can always double check wiring :shrug:

The thing that makes me think that It wouldn't be a loading issue though is that it got hot in a 20 second period. I would think it would take longer for one to heat up like it did if it were a loading issue, rather than wiring.