Sundown Audio

Maybe Damaged in shipping? (Solved)

I just purchased a refurbished SAE-1200D off of DB-r Electronics and it seems there might be a problem. (I ordered a v.1 but they sent me a v.2 (which is fine, better actually lol))

First thing I noticed after opening the box was that it sounded like a bunch of little pieces of something rattling inside of the amplifier. I shook it a little to see if I can get some of it to fall out to see what it was and a bunch of little pieces of what looked like dried hot glue were falling out of it. I already had my truck wired up for it so I put it in to test to see if it was still functional, and it seems to be putting out maybe half the power it should.

I had my sub wired to 4 ohms to a "Boss 800W Max Amp" and it seems to maybe only get a little louder with the sub wired to 1 ohm to this amp. My question is whether I should call up Db-r and ask about them taking a look at it or maybe I might of messed up with the wiring and there are some things I should check out before I do that? I have it wired with 4awg wire to the batt and the frame of my mountaineer, with a 150A fuse at the batt. Maybe I'll try a different ground mounting point?

It's stock electrical, but it doesn't seem like it's being strained, my headlights aren't dimming at all or anything. Sub level on my HU is 15/15 on an Alpine CDA 105.

Sub is a TC Sounds Epic 10" Dual 2Ohm, voice coils wired in parallel, in a 2cu.ft. box. This amp should be able to rock this subs world.

Edited by BobbyG2

*New vehicle and system coming soon.*

I just purchased a refurbished SAE-1200D off of DB-r Electronics and it seems there might be a problem. (I ordered a v.1 but they sent me a v.2 (which is fine, better actually lol))

First thing I noticed after opening the box was that it sounded like a bunch of little pieces of something rattling inside of the amplifier. I shook it a little to see if I can get some of it to fall out to see what it was and a bunch of little pieces of what looked like dried hot glue were falling out of it. I already had my truck wired up for it so I put it in to test to see if it was still functional, and it seems to be putting out maybe half the power it should.

I had my sub wired to 4 ohms to a "Boss 800W Max Amp" and it seems to maybe only get a little louder with the sub wired to 1 ohm to this amp. My question is whether I should call up Db-r and ask about them taking a look at it or maybe I might of messed up with the wiring and there are some things I should check out before I do that? I have it wired with 4awg wire to the batt and the frame of my mountaineer, with a 150A fuse at the batt. Maybe I'll try a different ground mounting point?

It's stock electrical, but it doesn't seem like it's being strained, my headlights aren't dimming at all or anything. Sub level on my HU is 15/15 on an Alpine CDA 105.

Sub is a TC Sounds Epic 10" Dual 2Ohm, voice coils wired in parallel, in a 2cu.ft. box. This amp should be able to rock this subs world.

I wouldnt hesitate to call DB-r and see if you can have it replaced. Why risk it!

Pioneer AVH-P4300DVD | Hertz 6.5 | Alpine Type R 6x9 | Custom 200A Alt | Knu Flek 1/0 Big 3 and all wiring | Eclipse EA3422 | AudioQue 2200d | DC XL 12 | Red Oak Box ~2.8 cubes @ 30 hz |

check your wires and stuff make sure you havent missed anything, call them up maybee they can help trouble shot , or offer an explanation,ive ordered amps from them also, i gotta say it was packaged pretty damn good came in original box , and was placed in another box lots of bubble wrap in both boxes,i have no complaints at all, ill purchase from them again as far as the v.2 appearance i think they send even the older ones out with the newer heatsink design.

2007 trailblazer lthead unit- pioneer p4300dvd

crescendo ft-1 supertweeters

pioneer m650 pros

audiocontrol 2xs crossover

Rockford fosgate p200-2 highsrockford fosgate p400-2 mids1- fi btl 18amps- saz 3500battery- evermax in front, 2 9a31 dekas in rearwires all knuconceptz 1/0 and rcas

Found the problem! I'm an idiot lol :)

I don't know what I did, but I must have changed something in the head unit. I thought the max volume on the head unit used to be 25, but now for some reason it's at 35? Set the volume to 30 and made that 10" do some work! 30 seconds later and I started to smell coil so I turned the volume back down. I'm gonna need a second 10 to handle this thing now! Lmao

Thanks guys, y'all can delete this thread so I'm not making Sundown/DB-r look bad lol

x2 i would take a look inside to see

Edited by knowledge

REFF'S
My link
EBAY
http://feedback.ebay...ck&myworld=true
I love car audio so much because I will never be done. I can never win, and I will never get it finished or perfect. It always has me coming back for more, I can never get my fill of it, but I get what I need.

Everything looks fine, nothing is loose, nothing looks discolored. It's definitely putting out full power now, I can get it to bottom my sub at about volume 28-30, depends on the frequency. I think they just repaired it, some glue dripped, and they forgot to throw out the drips.

Edited by BobbyG2