Estimated SPL?

Okay, I have 2 of the new RE XXX 18s and I am going to make a sealed enclosure for them to manufacturer's specs and drop it in the back of my 04 Focus hatch. My entire vehicle has been covered in dynamat already and I have two sets of the RE XXX components running @ 2 ohms on a Sundown SAX-100.4. I will be powering the subwoofers with a Sundown SAZ-4500D... What do you guys think I will be hitting on the TermLab? I'm just curious because I heard these subs can get pretty loud.

Also, do you guys think the pair of subs can handle the 4500 at 0.5 ohm daily? I have the electrical to support it and I'd really like to run the pair of subs at that impedance because it doesn't seem like they would be getting enough power at 2 ohms... I don't want to end up blowing them right off the bat though. Any suggestions are welcome.

you sure you want to seal that?

I don't have much of a choice... I'd like to keep the rear seats and there is no way I'm going to fit 18 cu. ft. of box volume + port area back there. How much better would it be ported? If it's that big of a difference I'd be willing to remove my rear seats.

you sure you want to seal that?

I don't have much of a choice... I'd like to keep the rear seats and there is no way I'm going to fit 18 cu. ft. of box volume + port area back there. How much better would it be ported? If it's that big of a difference I'd be willing to remove my rear seats.

Porting it will make a huge difference.

--2004 Toyota 4runner

New Build Log

-2002 Acura Tl-S

Old Build Log

Team DC Audio

ttf.png

spl dust is an option you can get on the coils... it's great for extra 1000 watts of power

where can i get this spl dust and how much is it. is it hard to apply? lol

18cf for 2 18s holy hell batman thats a wee bit to big

I'm just going off of manufacturer recommendations from the booklet I got with them... It says 9cf per woofer after displacement would be an optimal enclosure.

Do NOT go off those specs. They are terrible. I'd say put both in 14^3 with 16^2-18^2 port per cube and tune to 36-38Hz. You will be most happy with it.