Sonic Electronix

• Replies 28
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

back in the day i used to run 2 of the kenwood 800watt class d amps (had the silver top heatsink with fan on top).. they pushed my 2 sony 12s nicely lol.. used them for over a year.. decent lil budget amps..

i ran kenwood decks for 2 years straight.. every single 1 of them had a issue in due time.. like shutting off at mid level volume..

going into protect for no reason.. or not reconizng the usb device attahced..\

then i decided to buy a very high end single din unit.. best deck they make besides the flipouts n such.. it lasted 4 weeks and the face stopped working.. soo i sent it back got a new 1 and sold it on craigslist..

been running pioneer ever since.. or alpine..

i hate kenwood

Kenwood decks-----Awesome. Kenwood Excelon speakers-----Good. Anything else Kenwood-----Meh. Just my opinion. Ive played with, heard, tweaked almost every kenwood product thats been released in the last two years. So I'm not talking out my ass. But like every company there will be some duds. It just happens when youre producing that much volume.

Team NWSPL

baaudio Build Log

2001 GMC Sierra walkthrough

4 Mechman Elite 370s, 10 AGM batteries, 3 Crossfire XS v2 18s, Crossfire 8k

I have never ran their amps or subs, but the last three head units I have used have been Kenwood. I didn't have any problems with them and was pleased with their performance. Price wise I think they are a very good buy.

Kenwood KDC-BT33

Sundown Audio SAE-100.4  -  4 Crescendo Audio SC-650s     

Sundown Audio SCV-6000D  @  (.5 ohm)   -   2 DC Audio LVL5 M5 Elite 15s (d2)

6.45 ft Box ( Net ) tuned to 30 Hz  -   (  APM - 2  = 151.2 db  )

2004 Chevrolet Trailblazer LS 4WD

Brand X 390 Alternator - XS Power PSC30 

XS Power D3400  (front)  -  3 XS Power D3100s  (rear)

Knukoncepts Kolossus Flex 1/0  -  SMD Meters  -  SMD Fuse Holders

Sky High Copper Battery Terminals  -  Amp Lab RPMC v2 

SPL Cartel Bass Knob  -  Toolmaker Copper Amp Inputs                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                           

i dont currently have a kenwood deck but my dads company-truck had a double din with nav and the Bluetooth and i liked it, when my dad wanted it set,it was very easy to work with. he never had any issues with it besides the back up camera.

JEEP BUILD PROJECT ANTIBLING.2000 jeep Cherokee.HEADUNITAlpine Cda-9886SUBSTAGE1 acendent 18" audio mayhem motor with a TI basket and tantric parts1 prototype DAT hellfire 1000.1HIGHSStockELECTRICALdb link 0 gaugeKnuconceptz Kolossus 4 gauge1 xs power d3400 under hoodBig 3 upgradeold fourwheeler build

The only way to delete your SMD account is for you crawl to steve meades door step on your knees and pleade for his forgiveness and acceptance to be released...He will either grant your wishes.....or choke you with a large piece of 0 gauge and electrocute you by hooking up a solid gold DC 12k at 0.000001 ohm and 10000 volts to your eye sockets and blow your head apart

You guys act like you have never clogged a toilet and ran around the bathroom frantically hoping it don't overflow.

my cousin runs 4 of the kenwood 12s (new style silver grey cone) on a audiopipe 1500d in his 1990 crx.. and they get bizzy for cheap subs in a big seald box ( his choice for box..space limits n such..i built the box).. Id say easy 140s on music

and hes been killing them for 2 years now

Kenwood decks are respectable..never any problems with the 2 I had...just don't have much knowledge of their amps or subs..

http://www.stevemead...cherokee-build/

2005 Jeep Grand Cherokee

Alpine CDE-hd148bt

Alpine PKG-RSE2

PRV Audio (4) 6MB200 front/rear doors

PRV Audio (4) TW350Ti dash/rear doors

Kicker KX350.4

Obsidian Audio (1) 18 D4 v2

revamp (2) Stereo Integrity HT 18d2
DC Audio 1.2k
5.25ft^3 tuned @34hz

revamp Infinite Baffle Cpillar

AudioTechnix 60mil deadener
KnuKonceptz & SkyHigh wire (complete setup)

stroupe79.jpg