Anybody watch this show? It's fuckin' crazy. The season finale was easily the craziest episode of the season.

As our guys were wrapping up their mission of clearing IED's from a stretch of road in a Taliban stronghold they come under fire from Taliban hiding in a nearby village. Our guys fight them off until they retreat and then send in a group of about 20-30 soldiers to talk to the elders and try to get permission to search/clear the village. As they were wrapping up the search, the Taliban were spotted in the nearby hills that overlook the village taking up positions to mount an attack on the dismounts. They were about 800m away from their vehicles when the Taliban opened fire. So with our soldiers running from the village to the vehicles while being fired at from the Taliban, our guys returned fire and luckily all of the dismounts made it back with no injury and the Taliban retreated again.

But as the caravan was making it's way back to base one of their vehicles was hit by an IED and again came under attack by the Taliban as they were in the middle of their rescue mission. This show is sick and gives a front row seat to what's going on over there and increased my respect for what our guys are doing abroad.

Alpine CDA-117...Memphis 16-X03

CDT Audio SQA-4100...SEAS Prestige H1396...Crescendo MP-6

Soundstream Rubicon 1.2500d...Digital Designs 3512f

I've been on a few route clearance missions, fucking sucks. Especially when we would do them at night. Basically we would go out and roll like 3-5mph visually looking for IEDs and hoping we didn't hit one(I wasn't so lucky). Usually done ahead of a convoy, so the supply trucks wouldn't be hit.

As for the show, haven't even heard of it, but I will definitely check it out.

SMD Super Seller

My Feedback Thread

I've been on a few route clearance missions, fucking sucks. Especially when we would do them at night. Basically we would go out and roll like 3-5mph visually looking for IEDs and hoping we didn't hit one(I wasn't so lucky). Usually done ahead of a convoy, so the supply trucks wouldn't be hit.

As for the show, haven't even heard of it, but I will definitely check it out.

So you weren't in one of those rigs with the ground penetrating radar? Sucks bad enough to be in one of those, let alone being charged with trying to do that without it. I'd be sweating bullets and shaking like Don Knotts!

Man, the show is intense, i'm hooked.

If what I described above wasn't bad enough, the caravan was making it's way back to base SIMPLY BACKTRACKING ON THE ROAD THEY CAME IN ON when one of their vehicles was destroyed by an IED. Vehicle lost comms, of course, so the team leader dismounted and cleared the immediate area manually then began the rescue mission. While that was going on, and with badly wounded soldiers lying on the ground, the Taliban caught up with them again and opened fire with small arms and RPG's. They hurried up and got everybody safely into the vehicles, fought off the Taliban and hightailed it out of dodge.

This would have been me -------> peepwall.gif

Alpine CDA-117...Memphis 16-X03

CDT Audio SQA-4100...SEAS Prestige H1396...Crescendo MP-6

Soundstream Rubicon 1.2500d...Digital Designs 3512f