Sonic Electronix

• Replies 29
  • Created
  • Last Reply

i think the displacement might be a problem but it would be awesome to see

JEEP BUILD PROJECT ANTIBLING.2000 jeep Cherokee.HEADUNITAlpine Cda-9886SUBSTAGE1 acendent 18" audio mayhem motor with a TI basket and tantric parts1 prototype DAT hellfire 1000.1HIGHSStockELECTRICALdb link 0 gaugeKnuconceptz Kolossus 4 gauge1 xs power d3400 under hoodBig 3 upgradeold fourwheeler build

The only way to delete your SMD account is for you crawl to steve meades door step on your knees and pleade for his forgiveness and acceptance to be released...He will either grant your wishes.....or choke you with a large piece of 0 gauge and electrocute you by hooking up a solid gold DC 12k at 0.000001 ohm and 10000 volts to your eye sockets and blow your head apart

You guys act like you have never clogged a toilet and ran around the bathroom frantically hoping it don't overflow.

I can agree with the fact that some people don't have that much room, enough for a 15. Me and my civic hatch, I'd like to keep the back seats and build behind that. Which is best with 12's, a single 15" is a insane scrunch fit.

On 11/20/2012 at 8:54 PM, AMI CUSTOMS said:

Turned mine up today at a light, guy next to me his steering wheel started moving and he looked over at me like I was a magician lol.

On 5/9/2012 at 8:45 PM, skittlesRgood said:

fuck the plating. look at what the main metal used is. you could buy unicorn blood plated terminals but if its just covering up dog shit, whats the point

On 4/10/2013 at 12:26 PM, mrd6 said:

I'll admit, half way through sanding that fiberglass in the rain and cold while I was all itchy I was definitely starting to question why i was doing this haha

• Soon To Be
  • '04 Ford Escape
  • US Alternator 280A Hairpin
  • D4800 Under the Hood
  • (6) XP3000's in Rear
  • 1/0 SHCA & XS Power 4 runs to back
  • TORK2 kit from Tony @ CE Auto Supply
  • Pioneer DEH-80PRS
  • DD AW6.5 (2) per door
  • *Tweeter Unkown*
  • DD SS4a & C3d
  • (2) SCV4000 @ .5Ohm
  • (2) 15" Sundown Zv5

An 12" AA SMD wouldnt work, you cant fit a big enough spider on any existing frame that would work with the coil throw of the AA SMD motor and coil assembly. Besides, it would be $700-$750 for a 12", thats kinda silly, dontcha think? If you're going to spend that kind of money, investing in more cone area is a better idea.

edit: the cone area would be equal to that of a 10" sub as well, due to the massive surround that would be needed for the 30+mm of xmax

i agree. remember guys, scott and nick at AA wont build something if they dont think it will work correctly. and they build for perfection. they wont build it, just because people will buy it, if they know its just plain stupid.

as for being limited on space... why would you go with a split coil sub since they will always have a super deep mounting depth? and why would you pick a sub that is less efficient than a cheaper model from the same company? you need over, double the power with the SMD so you need twice the amp, and twice the electrical. my math says its not compact or economical at all. its a big ass sub, made for big ass systems.

If I answered you in a well mannered, informative way, you asked a good question or had a good attitude. If I was an asshole, you asked a stupid question or you had a fucktard attitude... or I was in a bad mood.

Team BassickHU: Pioneer AVIC Z110Front: Peerless SLS 6.5", Peerless HDS 4", Rainbow tweeter - running activeAmp: JL HD600/4 and DC 4 channel (bridged to midbass)Processor: JBL MS-8Subs: 2x 12" AA MayhemsAmp: DC 3kElectrical: DC power 270xp alt. 1/0 big 4. XSpower D3400 and six D680s.

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/121795-29-update-the-buick-is-getting-a-rebuild/

Top career scores: DBdrag 151.7 MECA SQ 82.25My SOTM build

Yeah. im pretty sure they dont warranty retarded people.

Besides, it would be $700-$750 for a 12", thats kinda silly, dontcha think?

Retards pay that much for a W7. So no, it's not that silly.

haha shhh... remember.. 9500 series DD...

awesomeness-1.jpg

(4)DD 9918's

(2)DC 10k

8 6.5" focals

2 DD SS4 mid amps

Audison Bit One processor

Jl-cl-rlc line driver

iPad in dash

Dual Irragi 320a alts

8 batcaps 4000's

Second Skin sound deadened

as for being limited on space... why would you go with a split coil sub since they will always have a super deep mounting depth? and why would you pick a sub that is less efficient than a cheaper model from the same company? you need over, double the power with the SMD so you need twice the amp, and twice the electrical. my math says its not compact or economical at all. its a big ass sub, made for big ass systems.

LOL, the SMD woofer is not a split coil.. its like every other coil besides it being a 4 inch coil and a very long former.. no split coil at all...

LOL, the SMD woofer is not a split coil.. its like every other coil besides it being a 4 inch coil and a very long former.. no split coil at all...

ya? hmm, i thought i remembered nick saying it was a split coil. either way its a deep ass sub so my point stands.

If I answered you in a well mannered, informative way, you asked a good question or had a good attitude. If I was an asshole, you asked a stupid question or you had a fucktard attitude... or I was in a bad mood.

Team BassickHU: Pioneer AVIC Z110Front: Peerless SLS 6.5", Peerless HDS 4", Rainbow tweeter - running activeAmp: JL HD600/4 and DC 4 channel (bridged to midbass)Processor: JBL MS-8Subs: 2x 12" AA MayhemsAmp: DC 3kElectrical: DC power 270xp alt. 1/0 big 4. XSpower D3400 and six D680s.

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/121795-29-update-the-buick-is-getting-a-rebuild/

Top career scores: DBdrag 151.7 MECA SQ 82.25My SOTM build

Yeah. im pretty sure they dont warranty retarded people.

ya? hmm, i thought i remembered nick saying it was a split coil. either way its a deep ass sub so my point stands.

The actual depth of the woofer is not that bad compared to say a AA Mayhem.

So your statements are void, since you never even used the woofer or have first hand experience with it.

Mounting depth for a mayhem 18 is: 10.75 inches

Mounting depth for a smd 18 is: 15 inches (plus 1.5inches IF you have the stud option).

Mounting depth for a mayhem 15 is: 9.25 inches

Mounting depth for a smd 15 is: 14.25 inches (again without the 1.5inch mounting stud option)

Mounting depth for a mayhem 12 is: 7.75 inches

So if there was a SMD 12 made, mounting depth would be around 12.5 inches (since Im not certain on the exact height of the TI basket).

So a whole 5 inches deeper on the woofer is not that drastic by any means since the Mayhems use a shallower 12spoke basket, and the SMD uses the "TI" 6 spoke that has way more depth. Motor for motor (not including basket) the smd is not much deeper in physical length.

As for the spider sizes..

If the SMD was made in a 12, it would use the same style TI baskets, which hold a 10inch spider, just like the 15 and 18 inch models do. Their would be little if ANY change in xmax capabilities, since the motor, coil, spiders, spider spacers, would all be the same.

There would be no difference, as someone said before, look at the 4hp motors that used the TI style baskets for their 12s. You have T3 TSNS (rip again), TC Sounds LMS series, Eclipse (rip) just to name a few...

Also from what I know Fi will be making the SP4 woofers in 12s, but not released yet, this would also use the same TI style basket with the 10inch spider landings, and 4 inch coils which would be an aweful similar ti frame/spider/cone/surround setup...

As for the split coil, that was proto only type thing iirc. The production models run a single coil.

Here is a pic straight from Kyle Cannons smd 15s.

Photo%20Sep%2014%2C%201%2014%2031%20PM%20%28HDR%29.jpeg

Now to go on with the split coil accusations he is a early picture.

The coil on the left is a 3inch split coil (crossfire super gauss woofer Im assuming)

The coil on the right is the 4inch split coil (prototype smd Im assuming)

It is Fact that the split coil is not used in the production run of the SMDs, however I am not sure if the Crossfire Super Gauss coils are still split, or if that was a prototype only thing. However Crossfire is OEM'ed by Fi for those who do not know.

splitcoils.png

Archived