Sonic Electronix

y isnt there a 12" smd i would def buy it instead of a 15 just cuz itd look sweet as hell

18" Sundown Zv4 D2
JL 1000/1 V1
XS Power D3200

An 12" AA SMD wouldnt work, you cant fit a big enough spider on any existing frame that would work with the coil throw of the AA SMD motor and coil assembly. Besides, it would be $700-$750 for a 12", thats kinda silly, dontcha think? If you're going to spend that kind of money, investing in more cone area is a better idea.

edit: the cone area would be equal to that of a 10" sub as well, due to the massive surround that would be needed for the 30+mm of xmax

Getting bass into the cabin of a W124 mercedes is impossible.

Current setup:

Temp 1999 panasonic HU

rockford 300.2 for fronts

rockford 200.2 for rears

rockford 400.1 for sub

Leaning towards a 8" in an exponential horn

DAMN YOU GERMANS AND YOUR 5" SPEAKERS!

I'm sure if their was a 12" one people would buy it. Does anyone by chance know how much is the recommended cu. for the 15 ported.

On 11/20/2012 at 8:54 PM, AMI CUSTOMS said:

Turned mine up today at a light, guy next to me his steering wheel started moving and he looked over at me like I was a magician lol.

On 5/9/2012 at 8:45 PM, skittlesRgood said:

fuck the plating. look at what the main metal used is. you could buy unicorn blood plated terminals but if its just covering up dog shit, whats the point

On 4/10/2013 at 12:26 PM, mrd6 said:

I'll admit, half way through sanding that fiberglass in the rain and cold while I was all itchy I was definitely starting to question why i was doing this haha

• Soon To Be
  • '04 Ford Escape
  • US Alternator 280A Hairpin
  • D4800 Under the Hood
  • (6) XP3000's in Rear
  • 1/0 SHCA & XS Power 4 runs to back
  • TORK2 kit from Tony @ CE Auto Supply
  • Pioneer DEH-80PRS
  • DD AW6.5 (2) per door
  • *Tweeter Unkown*
  • DD SS4a & C3d
  • (2) SCV4000 @ .5Ohm
  • (2) 15" Sundown Zv5

Besides, it would be $700-$750 for a 12", thats kinda silly, dontcha think?

Retards pay that much for a W7. So no, it's not that silly.

My name is AdamThis is my Civic Build.7" Samsung Tab 2Kenwood KDC-X896Clarion EQS746Sundown X-15DC 3.5k @2ohmHatersGonnaHate's 02 Civic UBLELD Bypass for Honda Civic/Accord/FitDon's Jeep Grand Cherokee Rebuild

N8ball2013 - i think you'd stick your dick in a blender if it told you it was 40 wtih two kids your age. lol

srp365 - If posting were picking up bitches, I'd be going home single tonight

looks like tony montana sneezed in your car.

VbjgkeI.jpg

kNsESzw.jpg

An 12" AA SMD wouldnt work, you cant fit a big enough spider on any existing frame that would work with the coil throw of the AA SMD motor and coil assembly. Besides, it would be $700-$750 for a 12", thats kinda silly, dontcha think? If you're going to spend that kind of money, investing in more cone area is a better idea.

edit: the cone area would be equal to that of a 10" sub as well, due to the massive surround that would be needed for the 30+mm of xmax

I am not sure what size spiders they have but ill assume that it has 10" spiders. that being said i have had a 12" sub with a 4" coil and 10" spiders so it would be possible to get the right sie spiders in there fr the throw of the smd sub. but ya idk about a high demand demand for a 12 that costs that much..im sure there is some because there are subs in the range that are offered in a 12 but idk about redesigning the sub to make it work

JonSig1_zpsaea3e8d2.gif

Contact us for the best quality cables and accessories with the fastest shipping in the industry

EMAIL: [email protected]<script data-cfhash='f9e31' type="text/javascript"> /* */</script>

LIKE US ON FB: https://www.facebook.com/SkyHighCarAudio

ADD ME ON FB: https://www.facebook.com/jon.rabe.1

MONSTER SKY HIGH/DC GMC: http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/127057-sky-high-monster-gmc-walk-through-12-lvl-5-15s-6-9ks-trim-panels-and-wiring-p-90/

I am not sure what size spiders they have but ill assume that it has 10" spiders. that being said i have had a 12" sub with a 4" coil and 10" spiders so it would be possible to get the right sie spiders in there fr the throw of the smd sub. but ya idk about a high demand demand for a 12 that costs that much..im sure there is some because there are subs in the range that are offered in a 12 but idk about redesigning the sub to make it work

This,

TC sounds 4hp. Nuff said, but I doubt there's enough demand for a 12 like that.

Besides, it would be $700-$750 for a 12", thats kinda silly, dontcha think?
Retards pay that much for a W7. So no, it's not that silly.

This^

Shit, I saw a 13W7 the other day at a shop by me. They were trying to sell it for $1099 trippy.gif All that kept popping into my head was how much more I could do with that much $$$

This^

An 12" AA SMD wouldnt work, you cant fit a big enough spider on any existing frame that would work with the coil throw of the AA SMD motor and coil assembly. Besides, it would be $700-$750 for a 12", thats kinda silly, dontcha think? If you're going to spend that kind of money, investing in more cone area is a better idea.edit: the cone area would be equal to that of a 10" sub as well, due to the massive surround that would be needed for the 30+mm of xmax

^What he said

If people will pay that much for a JL then why not pay for something that can take more of a beating and just looks oh so sexy. Plus I wouldn't say it's impossible because I am pretty sure if thought out the design could work and I personally like the bass response of a 12 over a 15 huge difference and not everyone wants to "invest" in more cone area.

2013 Dodge Charger

Build Log

1996 Ford Explorer XLT 5.0
Build Log

2005 Honda Civic LX Coupe

Build Log

SMD SUPER SELLER!!!!
My Selling Feedback

Dresig1_zps7acbddbb.gif

Dresig2_zpscfb11527.gif

Archived