Issues when replacing newer GM truck alternator?

I don't know if anybody has stated this yet but you could send your BCM in to PCM4Less and have them possibly reprogram it so you don't have the charging problem.That's my plan in the future when I upgrade again and have to use that stock location.I know they can program the BCM because I'm getting ready to send mine in to have it tweaked a little for the wheels and the tire sensor light and to pick up a little more torque and horsepower.

Already looked into that, they can't turn it off or so I was told.

Whats the mla module cost? Just got done emailing them earlyer

I got quoted 209 or something like that. Don't know about install.

You just have to tap in before the PCM (either at the fuse box on the way out to the PCM or along the way).

The way I see it you have a few options...

1) Run all older style AD alts and deal with a charge warning on the dash

- Not sure if there are any other negatives to this but we all run volt meters anyways.

2) Run one alt for your truck and the rest to the system

- You loose out on one alt, but most run the truck + mid/high off that one

3) Run all of them off the PCM

- This is how I run and voltage ranges from 12.8-15.9 (start), but generally in the high 13's

4) Get an MLA

3+4 is how I went, but the MLA isn't in yet. One day I'll get off my ass and get it in there.

*Note: If you have a tow button or a tow package of any kind you can turn off economy mode (economy mode charges low or stops charging to save fuel). When you see your voltage drop into the mid to low 13's or less hit the tow button and wait a minute, it should jump back up or turning on the headlights in some models does it as well. Yes I know your lights are always on... Turning the switch matters ;)

I would assume this would work and I plan on getting the VCM from MechMan but would this eliminate the issue? I don't care about any ghetto light I'll just disconnect it. I'm worried about like you said the charging issues or anything else associated.

Thanks for your help guys! These trucks are not simple by any means with the sensors they utilize...

Vcm will not work for the newer trucks.

Best bet is to run three separate h/o alts and keep the stock for the truck

It won't work at all? So purchasing the VCM is a waste? I just hate the thought of having to waste a perfectly good spot where I can has moar power!

Nope, already looked into that as soon as I bought the truck.

I know it sucks, but slap a quad kit an run three big alts that's a good amount of power

Sure it will work if you use an AD alt...

I'm talking about the two pin alts on the 2007.5+ gm vehicles. I have a dual alt bracket and my secondary alt is a 4 pin, and the VCm will work fine on it

2014 Chevy Silverado Crewcab

1994 Chevy Full Size blazer

You have to tap into it. All shizzle some more stuff to mess up. :unsure:

Already knew that tho

2009 Tahoe

2000bc Cresendo POWA Need 3500

2 Sundown Zv3 18 high rolled sexiness

dual alt bracket with Singer alt(coming soon)

Mtx Q(not sure if I'm going to use)

Knu wire and RCA's

Bass Head Bands

Oh and a few pairs of Jordan's

62c64997.jpg

what a pain in the ass all of this is!

Yep. There is no easy way out. Even with dual alts you have to grind bolts and install a new belt. It's still a bunch of S***.

2009 Tahoe

Knu wire and RCA's

Bass Head Bands

62c64997.jpg

Whats the mla module cost? Just got done emailing them earlyer

I got quoted 209 or something like that. Don't know about install.

thats pretty steep!

I'm going to see if I need one because I dont have v4 mode so I think I charge all the time.

2009 Tahoe

Knu wire and RCA's

Bass Head Bands

62c64997.jpg

I have the DC triple kit and I just run my system off two separate 270amp alternators.Didn't have to grind no bolts or anything.It was a pain trying to get that belt on though.

Vehicle
2007 Chevrolet Avalanche(Co-Co)

DNX9980HD
6 Team Fi 15's(King Edition)
3 DC 9k's
8 Nendo PWX 8's
4 Custom Steg 4" Super Tweeters
1 DC Audio 175.4
1 DC Audio 90.4
Rockford 360.3
3 DC Power 370xp Alts(Externally regulated)
21 D1600's
2 D4800's
All SMD RCA's
AudioTechnix Deadner
Viper Alarm

My YouTube- http://www.youtube.c...NG?feature=mhee
Link to buildlog- http://www.stevemead...4-15s-2-dc-9ks/
Link to UBL- http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/165059-ublkings-avalanchecoco-new-build-starting8-king-edition-15-team-fis-in-a-wallyes-a-wall/

96576a0.jpg

Banner3_zpsa237d00a.jpg

I have the DC triple kit and I just run my system off two separate 270amp alternators.Didn't have to grind no bolts or anything.It was a pain trying to get that belt on though.

College student with part-time job so no dual or triple for me. I'm planning on buying my alt and MLA with my tax money. Maybe I could swing a double bracket but it would set me back some time plus everyone I have seen with a dual has to grind a couple of the bolts.

2009 Tahoe

Knu wire and RCA's

Bass Head Bands

62c64997.jpg

Us regular working folk don't just go out an but everything at one time.We save and saving is the key.If your thinking about it right now then you know you have time to save.Like me I work but my wife would never let me buy everything I want at one time so I put away a $100 here and $100 there until it's enough for what I want.Think long term my man not short term.

Vehicle
2007 Chevrolet Avalanche(Co-Co)

DNX9980HD
6 Team Fi 15's(King Edition)
3 DC 9k's
8 Nendo PWX 8's
4 Custom Steg 4" Super Tweeters
1 DC Audio 175.4
1 DC Audio 90.4
Rockford 360.3
3 DC Power 370xp Alts(Externally regulated)
21 D1600's
2 D4800's
All SMD RCA's
AudioTechnix Deadner
Viper Alarm

My YouTube- http://www.youtube.c...NG?feature=mhee
Link to buildlog- http://www.stevemead...4-15s-2-dc-9ks/
Link to UBL- http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/165059-ublkings-avalanchecoco-new-build-starting8-king-edition-15-team-fis-in-a-wallyes-a-wall/

96576a0.jpg

Banner3_zpsa237d00a.jpg

Us regular working folk don't just go out an but everything at one time.We save and saving is the key.If your thinking about it right now then you know you have time to save.Like me I work but my wife would never let me buy everything I want at one time so I put away a $100 here and $100 there until it's enough for what I want.Think long term my man not short term.

Well when I think about it a dual bracket is $289. A MLA is $209. A 80 dollar difference and I could run my audio separate from my regular car so if something happend I could just take the dual off and take it to the dealer.

Then if I wanted to be cool I could run with the18v guys. :lol:

2009 Tahoe

Knu wire and RCA's

Bass Head Bands

62c64997.jpg

Archived