Second Skin Audio

4th Order Bandpass

most 4th orders are used for burping because you can build them to get loud at a certain frequency, but i would not recondmend them for a daily setup because they are very peaky.

example: it might play 35hz very strong but anything over 45hz will be very quiet. bandpass boxes are known as "one note wonders" which means you will hit like 1 out of 5 notes in a song.

i use to have an alpine type-r 10 in a 4th order and it was alright, but then i build a t-line for it and it was a night and day difference plus it got just as loud.

there are different ways to tune a 4th order. You can do it the way your describing it where you get a small range of Frequency response, and you can peak very well for competition.

BUT if they are tuned right They can give a wider stronger response than a ported box. They are normally very efficient, if built right that is.

x2 :werd_msword:

2011 Ford Ranger Sport 4.0 v6

2 sundown audio prototype nsv4 15s

crossfire 4k wired to 0.4 ohm

15 banks of maxwell 3.0 caps @ 18v

triple alts (x2 us alt 250's, x1 singer 320)

153 at 23hz

most 4th orders are used for burping because you can build them to get loud at a certain frequency, but i would not recondmend them for a daily setup because they are very peaky.

example: it might play 35hz very strong but anything over 45hz will be very quiet. bandpass boxes are known as "one note wonders" which means you will hit like 1 out of 5 notes in a song.

i use to have an alpine type-r 10 in a 4th order and it was alright, but then i build a t-line for it and it was a night and day difference plus it got just as loud.

:lol:

m_8e0e9deb0e2a020a7ff1bf0d3a6c3306.jpgth_140x100square.jpgth_140x100rev2animated.gifsoundigital.pngth_Banner_140x100.jpgn221468318568_2854.jpg

8_RedDevillogo.pngteamtexflex-1.jpg