Second Skin Audio

4th Order Bandpass

Fellow Bassheads!!!

What are you opinions about Bandpass boxes..(4th Order) made from birch would?

Do they get low bass? Loud? Suck? etc.

Thanks

You can subscribe to me on youtube @sgaboi1, I will eventually start to post vids/pics of my system updates.

I am also an artist if you like music.

2005 Ford Taurus Bone stock eveything.

Audio Items:

4 6" Eminence Alphas

2 4x7" Pioneer mids

2 6x9 Jensen 3way mids

1 6.5 Audiobahn component

2-12" Soundstream Picasso's (about to be traded)

Audiopipe AP1004 1000Watt 4 Channel

Even though I don't currently have a system. I still ride with my fingers on the vol. knob.

BASSJUNIE!!!

Just like any kind of box, it deepends on how it's designed. They(bandpass boxes) can be made to do any of the things you listed...

Edited by RAM_Designs

Ryan Miskin - owner of RAM Designs

I have my PM's turned off, please email at <script data-cfhash='f9e31' type="text/javascript"> /* */</script>

2200+ designs since March 2011...

Thank you both for your input

You can subscribe to me on youtube @sgaboi1, I will eventually start to post vids/pics of my system updates.

I am also an artist if you like music.

2005 Ford Taurus Bone stock eveything.

Audio Items:

4 6" Eminence Alphas

2 4x7" Pioneer mids

2 6x9 Jensen 3way mids

1 6.5 Audiobahn component

2-12" Soundstream Picasso's (about to be traded)

Audiopipe AP1004 1000Watt 4 Channel

Even though I don't currently have a system. I still ride with my fingers on the vol. knob.

BASSJUNIE!!!

most 4th orders are used for burping because you can build them to get loud at a certain frequency, but i would not recondmend them for a daily setup because they are very peaky.

example: it might play 35hz very strong but anything over 45hz will be very quiet. bandpass boxes are known as "one note wonders" which means you will hit like 1 out of 5 notes in a song.

i use to have an alpine type-r 10 in a 4th order and it was alright, but then i build a t-line for it and it was a night and day difference plus it got just as loud.

2000 Dodge Durango

Subs - (2) SKAR VVX 15 D2's

Box - 7.2 ft^3 @ 33hz, 120 in of port

Sub amp - Digital Designs M2 @ .5 ohm

Mids + Highs - PRV Audio

Mids + Highs amp - Hifonics 2000.4

Headunit - Alpine CDE-100

Equalizer - Clarion EQS746

Batteries - Mopar group 27 + (2) C&D 52ah

Wiring - 1/0 BIG 3, (2) runs 1/0

Alternator - Singer 250A

147.79 dB @ 35hz - burp - sealed on dash

147.47 dB @ 35hz - music - sealed on dash

YOUTUBE: http://www.youtube.com/user/321slapinBass/videos

SKAR_468x60.jpgDD-1.jpg

most 4th orders are used for burping because you can build them to get loud at a certain frequency, but i would not recondmend them for a daily setup because they are very peaky.

example: it might play 35hz very strong but anything over 45hz will be very quiet. bandpass boxes are known as "one note wonders" which means you will hit like 1 out of 5 notes in a song.

i use to have an alpine type-r 10 in a 4th order and it was alright, but then i build a t-line for it and it was a night and day difference plus it got just as loud.

there are different ways to tune a 4th order. You can do it the way your describing it where you get a small range of Frequency response, and you can peak very well for competition.

BUT if they are tuned right They can give a wider stronger response than a ported box. They are normally very efficient, if built right that is.

2 DC 12" lvl 4s

1 DC 1.2k

XS Power S3400

big 3

Alll KNU wire

Pioneer HU

cheapo Legacy coaxes (just for now)

dc-audio-you-should-get-there-is-no-try-just-do-thumb-1.jpg

Just like any kind of box, it deepends on how it's designed. They(bandpass boxes) can be made to do any of the things you listed...

Including suck? haha

2011 Ford Ranger Sport 4.0 v6

2 sundown audio prototype nsv4 15s

crossfire 4k wired to 0.4 ohm

15 banks of maxwell 3.0 caps @ 18v

triple alts (x2 us alt 250's, x1 singer 320)

153 at 23hz

do not listen to this guy^ as ram said they can be made to do all the things you listed and can be made to play flat across a wide range of frequencies like truelywickedcustoms i wanna say plays like 25-55 hz