Second Skin Audio

What would be best for my situation?

1 10" fi SSD or 1 10" AQ HDC3 copper. The amp would be AQ1200d, can the SSD even handle that amp? Are there any major mechanical differences between them? Would one of them be louder over the other on that power? Don't view this as a VS thread because it's not intended like that theses subs have different power ratings and I need to know what would be better for me.

Thanks

• Replies 20
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Any time you are comparing products...it is a VS thread. I don't know why you people think because you say its not intended it isn't...

And what do you mean rated different? Unless specs have changed since last I knew, both subs have an RMS of 1,000 watts. What is going to be louder, better, is all subjective to user and install. What will sound better is also subjective to your hearing. We can not yell you what would be better for you. Both are great, both are underrated, and both cost about the same. Get whatever.

Tell me...does this smell like chloroform to you?

Fi's website is apparently not very secure. It doesn't have https or anything. Another thing I'm wondering on is AQ's subs ship within 24 hours of purchase and fi has to make your sub when you order it and would be like 2 weeks. Does that sound like fi is better quality?

Edited by Vooloco

Also what does QTS mean for an option for the fi ssd? Should I get standard or H-Qts sealed?

if you're going to put it in a ported box, get standard. aq amps are korean and the woofers are chinese, last i checked.

impossible to tell you which one will be louder/better/etc. flip a coin