Sundown Audio

pre out voltage or gain

amp pics this is regaurding where it says level from 6v to .2v

when i turn it closer to .2 it gets louder is it the gain or is it the deck pre out voltage

i wasn't asking you but thanks for being a nosy fool

I really think you have a learning disability.

when i turn it closer to .2 it gets louder is it the gain or is it the deck pre out voltage

i really wish i remembered, fuuuuuu, i always hated those gains because its ass backwards, i think 6 is low .2 is high? dont quote me i just remember it being wacky

Legal TL scores145.6 on the dash sealed up in the low 40hz area with the port out145.5 on the dash sealed up @30hz with the port inless then 1k clamped on a 3.5k!

Why would you EVER WANT flex?
huh?...flex is what can make the lows lower and more air being pushed correct?
jeff_zps9bc81ace.jpg

me_zps0fb5a5b4.jpgMy FeedbackJeep-BuildlogPT LOSER buildlog

i really wish i remembered, fuuuuuu, i always hated those gains because its ass backwards, i think 6 is low .2 is high? dont quote me i just remember it being wacky

Yup. I was confused as hell when i first setup my aq2200, lol

90 Nissan 240sx

Avic z-140bh

Audison SR4

Audison Voce 6.5s

CDT es-20 tweeters

Sundown 1500v3

(2) DD 9510's

3 cube box 2 6" aeros

XS Power D2400 & Xp950

Skyhigh/Knukonceptz/Rockford Fosgate wiring

More Coming Soon.. Check my builds below.

97 Civic Hatch Build

86 Caprice Build

you can pick up a chick in a car... I think it'd be hard to roll up mackin on a broad sittin on a sundown. My opinion

That number refers to the pre out voltage of the deck. Don't trust it to set your amp up worth a damn, get a DD-1 or Scope to set it right.

Current Systems:

2011 BMW 335i

Hertz HDP1

DC LVL3 12" Full Carbon Fiber

2002 Acura Tl
Kenwood DNX9980HD
2 DCLVL4 12" Subs with LVL5 Parts D.7 Coils
DC 3.5k
Hertz HSK-165 up front HCX-165 Rear
Hertz HDP4 Amp
DC Power Engineering 260 Amp Alt
Big 3 and amp powered with KNU 1/0
XS Power D2400 Up Front

i pulled out my dick in class many of times and had it shown. get over it bitch...stupid open legged hairy beavered bitch...

going over rms = smaller box, under rms = bigger box...

Low voltage doesn't blow amps. That's a myth.

A router that does the sub holes makes rounded edges also?

That number refers to the pre out voltage of the deck. Don't trust it to set your amp up worth a damn, get a DD-1 or Scope to set it right.

nooooooo, thats the gain

Legal TL scores145.6 on the dash sealed up in the low 40hz area with the port out145.5 on the dash sealed up @30hz with the port inless then 1k clamped on a 3.5k!

jeff_zps9bc81ace.jpg

nooooooo, thats the gain

Yes the "level" knob is the gain knob, the 0.2v to 6v however refers to the pre out voltage of the deck and is meant for "matching" purposes when setting an amp (which are worthless). It gets louder when he turns it towards 0.2 because the amplifier would have to amplify a 0.2v signal much more than a 6v signal, and vice versa.

Current Systems:

2011 BMW 335i

Hertz HDP1

DC LVL3 12" Full Carbon Fiber

2002 Acura Tl
Kenwood DNX9980HD
2 DCLVL4 12" Subs with LVL5 Parts D.7 Coils
DC 3.5k
Hertz HSK-165 up front HCX-165 Rear
Hertz HDP4 Amp
DC Power Engineering 260 Amp Alt
Big 3 and amp powered with KNU 1/0
XS Power D2400 Up Front

i pulled out my dick in class many of times and had it shown. get over it bitch...stupid open legged hairy beavered bitch...

going over rms = smaller box, under rms = bigger box...

Low voltage doesn't blow amps. That's a myth.

A router that does the sub holes makes rounded edges also?

nooooooo, thats the gain

Yes the "level" knob is the gain knob, the 0.2v to 6v however refers to the pre out voltage of the deck and is meant for "matching" purposes when setting an amp (which are worthless). It gets louder when he turns it towards 0.2 because the amplifier would have to amplify a 0.2v signal much more than a 6v signal, and vice versa.

i get what your saying, but i dont understand why they have to be so complicated about it, when i had mine i had a buddy set mine with a scope but i remember playing with it before that, ass freaking backwards >.>

jeff_zps9bc81ace.jpg

The theory behind matching amp gain and head unit pre out lol. Alright so here is how it goes, lets say you have a 6 volt headunit, and the amp gain range is from 6 to .2 like your amp is. The theory is you wouldn't have to adjust your gain only because you hu is 6volt out and the amp gain at the lowest setting is a 6. Now lets say you had a 4 volt out headunit you would have to adjust the gain closer to that .2 side of things because your headunit is lower voltage than the lowest amp gain setting at 6 volts. That is the theory behind everything. It was more confusing trying to type this than talking about it. I might just make a youtube video it would be easy to explain. But there is no better way to set gains than with a oscope or dd1 :drinks: Oh and on the amp gain/hu matching ordeal you reach full rms power once the amp and headunit is matched for voltage.

Clip city bitch, clip clip city bitch. 10's, 12's, 15's, goin up in flames bitch.

TaylorFade, on 02 Jul 2013 - 9:38 PM, said:

Go back to that place, ask to speak to that dude again, look him dead in the eye and then.... pop him in the snot box.

Tell him T-Fade sent you.