was thinking about the VVX 12's

I can demo 2 or 3 songs full tilt and then I have to turn it down, but thats more of my electrical then anything else. And I hammer below tuning on a regular basis. Its all about box design. Give me basically any sub and I can send more then rated to it because I will conscientiously design the box. When I had my cresendo 2k at .5, I played full tilt to and from work which is an hour each way..conversely, i heard that a local guy who didnt know shit put a skar 15 on a dc 2k and it blew within 5 minutes of installation. If your a dumbass, you will damage your equipment at any level, and if you are conscientious of it, you will have no problem sending more then rated power to it.

well I understand more than rated, but shit, 5k plus to a pair of 1200 watt subs seems too good to be true, I really wish I could hear this setup and see the box design, i'm looking to build a good box for my VVX's for when I recone I can run this DC at 1 ohm and be safe and loud.

'93 Firebird Formula V8

H/U- Kenwood eXcelon KDC-X395

Mids/Highs Amp- Hifonics ZXI80.4

Wiring-KNU RCA's, Speaker Wire, And Two Runs Of Trystar 1/0

G34 Red Top and a 180amp Ford Alternator

www.youtube.com/TRTC360

^ thats good advice, because if your asking, then there is a good chance that you dont understand the way a driver will perform under different enclosure constraints

Team Flex Issues

Low tuning > God

2011 CALI AS1 STATE CHAMP

well I understand more than rated, but shit, 5k plus to a pair of 1200 watt subs seems too good to be true, I really wish I could hear this setup and see the box design, i'm looking to build a good box for my VVX's for when I recone I can run this DC at 1 ohm and be safe and loud

there are multiple people on this forum who have heard it with the 5k and can vouch that i was indeed playing full tilt...main things with box design; understand how a box loads/unloads, understand the effect of port area on suspension, send a clean signal to help control thermal aspect and decide whether you want low output due to f3 (which means you MUST be careful below tuning despite having output down there) or decide if you would rather tune low (which allows more control around tuning when playing low)...DON H on caco designs boxes and has specific knowledge with how Skars perform. It might be worth the 10$ or 15$ he charges to get a design from him

Team Flex Issues

Low tuning > God

2011 CALI AS1 STATE CHAMP

well I understand more than rated, but shit, 5k plus to a pair of 1200 watt subs seems too good to be true, I really wish I could hear this setup and see the box design, i'm looking to build a good box for my VVX's for when I recone I can run this DC at 1 ohm and be safe and loud

there are multiple people on this forum who have heard it with the 5k and can vouch that i was indeed playing full tilt...main things with box design; understand how a box loads/unloads, understand the effect of port area on suspension, send a clean signal to help control thermal aspect and decide whether you want low output due to f3 (which means you MUST be careful below tuning despite having output down there) or decide if you would rather tune low (which allows more control around tuning when playing low)...DON H on caco designs boxes and has specific knowledge with how Skars perform. It might be worth the 10$ or 15$ he charges to get a design from him

I wish I could get a design but most people refuse to design for my car as I have a 93 firebird and the box isn't a regular slot port box :shrug:

'93 Firebird Formula V8

H/U- Kenwood eXcelon KDC-X395

Mids/Highs Amp- Hifonics ZXI80.4

Wiring-KNU RCA's, Speaker Wire, And Two Runs Of Trystar 1/0

G34 Red Top and a 180amp Ford Alternator

www.youtube.com/TRTC360