was thinking about the VVX 12's

I think they will assuming no clipping and that you have a well built box to keep the suspension under control. I have my pair on a DC3.5k wired to 2 ohms, I give them hell, more than likely clipped hell too and haven't had an issue yet, i'm not saying it's a good idea to do what I do but i'm ready for D4 recones so might as well see how well of a beating they can take :pardon:

'93 Firebird Formula V8

H/U- Kenwood eXcelon KDC-X395

Mids/Highs Amp- Hifonics ZXI80.4

Wiring-KNU RCA's, Speaker Wire, And Two Runs Of Trystar 1/0

G34 Red Top and a 180amp Ford Alternator

www.youtube.com/TRTC360

i have 2 wired on a pb 5k at .5 daily. Anton Miller had 2 on saz 3500 at .5 in daily build. A clean 1k and they wont even break a sweat

Team Flex Issues

Low tuning > God

2011 CALI AS1 STATE CHAMP

I bought a pair to try out and did a few demos on a AQ2200d @ 4 ohms, 13.6V no vdrop. And the 2 vvx12's took it nicely. YMMV of course.

Pioneer AVH-P4300DVD | Hertz 6.5 | Alpine Type R 6x9 | Custom 200A Alt | Knu Flek 1/0 Big 3 and all wiring | Eclipse EA3422 | AudioQue 2200d | DC XL 12 | Red Oak Box ~2.8 cubes @ 30 hz |

i have 2 wired on a pb 5k at .5 daily. Anton Miller had 2 on saz 3500 at .5 in daily build. A clean 1k and they wont even break a sweat

I see all these people running 3500 watt amps at .5 on a pair of VVX's or similar 600rms subs, i'm guessing they have gains set at a 1/4 max or only play one song at a time at the boxes tuning frequency then let them cool down, don't get me wrong these subs are damn good but come on 4k+ to a pair of 600 watt subs doesn't seem too realistic.

'93 Firebird Formula V8

H/U- Kenwood eXcelon KDC-X395

Mids/Highs Amp- Hifonics ZXI80.4

Wiring-KNU RCA's, Speaker Wire, And Two Runs Of Trystar 1/0

G34 Red Top and a 180amp Ford Alternator

www.youtube.com/TRTC360

i run my vvx 12s on a sundown saz 1500 at 1/2ohm..and they LAUGH at it..literally gains set with a dd1 i can play full tilt for 40 -50 mins without break and they are barely warm (normal operating temp)

in 2 weeks im buying a audioque 3500 and going to set gains for a clean 2krms maybe 2500

why a aq3500...bc a local guy has 1 for a silly cheap deal

Edited by getlocivic

THey are nice, don't get me wrong. But I dont think realistically, not that I have personally seen, that they can take more than about 1k rms clean power over long periods of time.

Pioneer AVH-P4300DVD | Hertz 6.5 | Alpine Type R 6x9 | Custom 200A Alt | Knu Flek 1/0 Big 3 and all wiring | Eclipse EA3422 | AudioQue 2200d | DC XL 12 | Red Oak Box ~2.8 cubes @ 30 hz |

Also have 1 15 skar in a girls car sounds great and pounds but she listens to music full blast everyday on rap rock and spanish and i would not give this sub more than rated continously every day and for hours.

Although i have a box built on the larger side which is 3.5 cubes net and tuned high at 35hz so im sure if i make her one built around 3 cubes net i can feed it around 750rms?

Remember she and when i have the car listens to music full blast love bumping all kinds of stuff and for long periods of time.

Im running about 600 rms after i recently sold my jl audio amplifier.

Love the sub and in my opinion the rating on it is very true.

1st Setup(SOLD):2007 GMC YukonPioneer Avic F90bt

Audiocontrol Epicenter2 Audioque SDC2.5 15 subs8.7 cubes at 37hz build DONEAudioque 1200d (Audioque 1200d Sold, similar performance to my ap1500)Diamond Audio Hex 6.5 Mids n TweetsCerwin Vega Exl 400 4 channel Bridged(also have MTX 4004 not being used)1 Run of power Knu Fleks 4 Gauge2 Cheap stock Battery setup2nd Setup (SOLD):2007 GMC YukonPioneer Avic F90bt

Audiocontrol Epicenter2 15 Kicker cvx (maybe two SA 15 in future)7 cubes net tuned at 34hzAlphasonik Old school 1600rms (ap 1500d sold GREAT Budget amp)JBL 6.5 Power Series Components, Infinity Kappa 6.5 3 ways, and 2 Kicker KS Tweets (LOUD)Cerwin vega exl4001 run knu Fleks OFC 0 gaugeBig 3 done1 Odyssey 1500, 1 optima yellow top d31

I can demo 2 or 3 songs full tilt and then I have to turn it down, but thats more of my electrical then anything else. And I hammer below tuning on a regular basis. Its all about box design. Give me basically any sub and I can send more then rated to it because I will conscientiously design the box. When I had my cresendo 2k at .5, I played full tilt to and from work which is an hour each way..conversely, i heard that a local guy who didnt know shit put a skar 15 on a dc 2k and it blew within 5 minutes of installation. If your a dumbass, you will damage your equipment at any level, and if you are conscientious of it, you will have no problem sending more then rated power to it.

Team Flex Issues

Low tuning > God

2011 CALI AS1 STATE CHAMP