Sonic Electronix

Deciding Between JL Audio 12-W3V3 or Alpine Type R (JL XD 600/1 amp)

Edit:

Just realised you can get 2 ohm JL W3's, my dumbass brain didn't realise why there's two of almost the same deal on audiosavings.

Edited by Fyro

04 Lancer CH ES

JVC KD-R626 H/U

(2) JL Audio Evolution C2-650 Components

RE Audio SEX 12" D4

JL Audio XD 600/1 Monoblock

to tell you the truth, subwoofers are sometimes biased towards being a overall loud sub and being a SQ oriented sub, but a great deal of it is the enclosure and environment that determines overall SQ and loudness. :shrug:

29408240963_9908a51930_o.png
Best Score to Date : 160.5 dB Outlaw (47Hz)[4 XM 15's & 2 Taramps Bass 12k's]

BL :  http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/147800-chevyboy95s-4-15s-7krms-wall-1533-db-on-half-power/
YouTube: http://www.youtube.com/hitemwiththeflex/

to tell you the truth, subwoofers are sometimes biased towards being a overall loud sub and being a SQ oriented sub, but a great deal of it is the enclosure and environment that determines overall SQ and loudness. :shrug:

True.

Well, the enclosure is a combo thin from audiosavings. it's the A-trend vented one. That's for both deals, and it includes 14 AWG wire, 2 spade terminals, 10 drywood screws.

smh, a pre-fab won't sound amazing, but it's a start.

04 Lancer CH ES

JVC KD-R626 H/U

RE Audio SEX 12" D4

If you got mostly JL stuff in your car right now, might as well just stick with it. you can't go wrong either way. And I'm sure if you have your electrical up to snuff, the JL amp will do more than RMS...the 500/1 was benched on another website and it was putting out closer to 700 RMS.

1 x Fi Audio SP4 V2 12" D2 Fully Loaded

1 x Wolfram W-4500.1

2 x XS Power D5100's

250A Singer Alternator

2.67 Cubes @ 29hz

Edit:

Just realised you can get 2 ohm JL W3's, my dumbass brain didn't realise why there's two of almost the same deal on audiosavings.

Between JL and Alpine id go with the SA 12 :drink40:

Lol what? Aren't you just clever! Fyro: JL audio has nice products and all... But they're way overpriced on everything. One of my local shops here try to buy it wholesale to sell cheaper to us but it's still expensive even then!

Edit:

Between JL and Alpine id go with the SA 12 :drink40:

Lol what? Aren't you just clever! Fyro: JL audio has nice products and all... But they're way overpriced on everything. One of my local shops here try to buy it wholesale to sell cheaper to us but it's still expensive even then!

Yeah I get what ya mean there.

But, I'm getting that deal for $370 AUD for the sub, enclosure and wiring from audiosavings. So, I think it's a fairly good deal, and I've already got two sets of C2-650s in my car and an XD 600/1 ready to rock the boot :P

04 Lancer CH ES

JVC KD-R626 H/U

RE Audio SEX 12" D4

(soz, 2x post)

I think you just changed my mind. Thing is, I'll be needing screws and wiring, and that ain't cheap either. But damn they look like they slam.

Now contemplating either the JL or these, but... damn the Skars look badass.

04 Lancer CH ES

JVC KD-R626 H/U

RE Audio SEX 12" D4

screws and wiring are very cheap. You just need some basic wood screws and you sure don't need any fancy speaker wire, just get some decent 12g and you will be fine.

F150:

Stock :(

2019 Harley Road Glide:

Amp: TM400Xad - 4 channel 400 watt

Processor: DSR1

Fairing (Front) 6.5s -MMats PA601cx

Lid (Rear) 6x9s -  TMS69