Will this stuff work together?

The GT 520 is a horrible card. You'll want something in the GTX 560+ or Radeon HD 6850+ range to compliment the other components in this build. The GT 520 isn't much more than Intel's built-in graphics.

I dont play any games, the card is fine.

If it's not for games then why spend the extra $55 to get the card? Intel's HD Graphics 2000 will handle nearly everything that card will. Grab a H67 or Z68 board that uses the onboard graphics and ditch the GT 520.

http://www.amazon.com/ASUS-LGA-1155-Motherboards-P8Z68-V/dp/B005UDITT6/ref=sr_1_4?m=ATVPDKIKX0DER&s=pc&ie=UTF8&qid=1326032596&sr=1-4

The Z68 chipset supports all the features of P67 but includes the onboard graphics support plus a few other features. VGA, DVI, and HDMI out on this board. It's $11 more but you're saving $40 over buying the video card.

Only trying to help. :drinks:

I have dual monitors. could I use the hdmi and dvi on the motherboard at the same time?

you can cook bacon shirtless if you're not a pussy...lol

not hatin, but am i wrong here it looks as if the amp is not grounded its hooked directly to the battery. it that the way it should be.

intr.jpg

DC.jpgDC POWER

• Replies 24
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The GT 520 is a horrible card. You'll want something in the GTX 560+ or Radeon HD 6850+ range to compliment the other components in this build. The GT 520 isn't much more than Intel's built-in graphics.

If it's not for games then why spend the extra $55 to get the card? Intel's HD Graphics 2000 will handle nearly everything that card will. Grab a H67 or Z68 board that uses the onboard graphics and ditch the GT 520.

http://www.amazon.com/ASUS-LGA-1155-Motherboards-P8Z68-V/dp/B005UDITT6/ref=sr_1_4?m=ATVPDKIKX0DER&s=pc&ie=UTF8&qid=1326032596&sr=1-4

The Z68 chipset supports all the features of P67 but includes the onboard graphics support plus a few other features. VGA, DVI, and HDMI out on this board. It's $11 more but you're saving $40 over buying the video card.

I have dual monitors. could I use the hdmi and dvi on the motherboard at the same time?

Yup. Z68 allows up to 2 independent monitors off the integrated graphics. HDMI + DVI would be no issue.

wtf is lolcats?

I'd def get a fat hooker if i had to resort to that kinda thing. I feel like they'd be grateful and work harder. Also its more bang for my buck, more real estate for my dollar if you catch my drift. its like the Costco of streetwalkers.

I was hoping for 150 :(.

I was hoping she would let me put it in her butt

Yup. Z68 allows up to 2 independent monitors off the integrated graphics. HDMI + DVI would be no issue.

ok put in a cancellation request on amazon for the motherboard and video card. ill wait till that is confirmed to order the other motherboard.

not hatin, but am i wrong here it looks as if the amp is not grounded its hooked directly to the battery. it that the way it should be.

intr.jpg

DC.jpgDC POWER

cancellation was confirmed and i ordered the new motherboard.

intr.jpg

DC.jpgDC POWER

Oh God the Gen3...

Just letting you know, don't be too bummed if the one you get is DOA. We use Gen3 as work and about 50% of them are dead and have to be RMA'd. When they work, they're a damn fine board, but it sucks when you build an entire PC just to find out the board is fucked.

edit-

My only complaint is that you're using an SSD as your storage drive as well. SSD's tend to have a fairly high fail rate (depending on the brand), and it would probably have been cheaper to go with a 60gb or 80gb for boot files and a 320gb for storage.

Other than that, it seems like a nice build. :drink40:

Edited by inm
On 2/28/2013 at 2:52 PM, Chaise said:

"Now spread your butt cheeks so I can zap your asshole."

2008 Subaru Forester XT

Oh God the Gen3...

Just letting you know, don't be too bummed if the one you get is DOA. We use Gen3 as work and about 50% of them are dead and have to be RMA'd. When they work, they're a damn fine board, but it sucks when you build an entire PC just to find out the board is fucked.

edit-

My only complaint is that you're using an SSD as your storage drive as well. SSD's tend to have a fairly high fail rate (depending on the brand), and it would probably have been cheaper to go with a 60gb or 80gb for boot files and a 320gb for storage.

Other than that, it seems like a nice build. :drink40:

I have a few 750gb 7200 rpm drives that are also going in. Crossing my fingers on the motherboard.

intr.jpg

DC.jpgDC POWER

I was never a fan of integrated / onboard video cards....

It's honestly enough for everyday stuff nowadays. Computing hardware is well above and beyond most people's needs and beyond what software demands. Most software is STILL designed to be comparable with WinXP systems, as it controls over 45% of the market share. Given that most XP machines run half a gig of ram and a Pentium 4, the goal is to make software do more while being less demanding.

Was he using this machine to game on (which all the other components definitely are targeted towards) or for some other graphics-heavy task then I'd say yeah, get a dedicated card. But when the HD 2000 graphics on the i5-2400 nearly match the GT 520 and the HD 3000 graphics on the i5-2405S perform better than the Nvidia card, it's honestly a waste of $50. You could argue dedicated memory on the graphics card but he has 16GB of DDR3. Integrated graphics are fine.

wtf is lolcats?

I'd def get a fat hooker if i had to resort to that kinda thing. I feel like they'd be grateful and work harder. Also its more bang for my buck, more real estate for my dollar if you catch my drift. its like the Costco of streetwalkers.

I was hoping for 150 :(.

I was hoping she would let me put it in her butt

Amazon canceled my order on my 256gb ssd and claimed it was a price mistake. I complained and they gave me a $100 credit. I got this SSD instead(below), 90GB but its SATA3 i still have disk based drives for media storage.

http://www.amazon.com/OCZ-Technology-Generation-2-5-Inch-AGT3-25SAT3-90G/dp/tech-data/B005MYFHYS/ref=de_a_smtd

intr.jpg

DC.jpgDC POWER

Onboard video is a good thing to have, even if you're buying a video card. It's kinda like having a backup battery for your camera or phone. If one dies, you have another to hold you over until the "better" one is replaced.

On 2/28/2013 at 2:52 PM, Chaise said:

"Now spread your butt cheeks so I can zap your asshole."

2008 Subaru Forester XT