Anyone have any luck wrapping their entire dash in vinyl? I don't have very much experience in the covering of curved objects, or parts that fit snugly together.. So idk how it would work...

Any advice or tricks? I want to do it to mine maybe when I start recovering my seats next week

Laying frame soon.. System has to wait

• 2 weeks later...

Sounds like a bad idea to me, the sun + glue.. It'd probably lift right off of any major dips in the dash. I would just paint it the same color as whatever you're wrapping your seats with.

yeah i bought some riced out honda civic awhile back that had green+blue interior. previous owner apparently had attempted the same thing you want to do and it did start cracking/lifting off in areas. i ended up pulling it all off, removing all the panels & then spraypainting it all.

• 2 weeks later...

I dont have any trouble.. then again, I work at an upholstery shop, LOL. Pictured is a dash we wrapped, in leather, but vinyl isnt a whole lot different.. 2011-10-21084530-1.jpg

Proper glue is VERY important. See if you can get a good contact adhesive, similar to what is used to glue down vinyl tops....