Sonic Electronix

Well it's comming from the hu forsure... If the rca's are unplugged the noise stops. I was thinking loose rca also but of course I'm not that lucky. I will try and ground my rca's and run my hu ground to the batt, hopefully one of the two fixes the problem. It's just soo weird though, how the whine comes in.

All help is welcomed. Thanks for all the input so far. :drinks:

145.9@40hz

145.3@34hz

big 3

X2 group 34

Deka Group 31

All 0/1 awg jl meta wire

Alpine CDA 7894

Orion HCCA D5000

2 AQ HDC312's

Crunch gpv1100.2 (for 6.5"s only)

AQ pro audio 6.5" - 3 sets

AQ supertweeters - 2 sets

2000 Slamry

sorry i didnt read through this thread so this may have been covered.

it still could be the RCA. if the ground wire of the RCA broke inside the cable then it would cause the same problem. if you dont have an extra RCA cable to swap out to test this, you might have a 3.5mm to RCA cable that you can plug into and ipod, phone, or laptop. hook that up to the HU side of the existing RCAs and see if you still get noise.

grounding the RCA externally should only help if there is a break in the connection in the HU. being that nothing moves inside the HU i would seriously doubt this happened. pioneer is the exception because they fuse the ground.

Edited by skittlesRgood

If I answered you in a well mannered, informative way, you asked a good question or had a good attitude. If I was an asshole, you asked a stupid question or you had a fucktard attitude... or I was in a bad mood.

Team BassickHU: Pioneer AVIC Z110Front: Peerless SLS 6.5", Peerless HDS 4", Rainbow tweeter - running activeAmp: JL HD600/4 and DC 4 channel (bridged to midbass)Processor: JBL MS-8Subs: 2x 12" AA MayhemsAmp: DC 3kElectrical: DC power 270xp alt. 1/0 big 4. XSpower D3400 and six D680s.

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/121795-29-update-the-buick-is-getting-a-rebuild/

Top career scores: DBdrag 151.7 MECA SQ 82.25My SOTM build

Yeah. im pretty sure they dont warranty retarded people.

Well they're brand new streetwires rca's so I hope they're fine, but I have my rca for my sub I could switch out to test. I also switched from front to rear outputs on the hu just to make sure it was'nt one of the pre amp outputs. Soo I will run a ground from my batt to my amps just to be 100% sure it is'nt the ground and I've been wanting to do that anyways soo now's a good time(being my cars prob a unibody). I'll also run a ground from hu to batt.

145.9@40hz

145.3@34hz

big 3

X2 group 34

Deka Group 31

All 0/1 awg jl meta wire

Alpine CDA 7894

Orion HCCA D5000

2 AQ HDC312's

2000 Slamry

Tell me how it goes, bassrace.

I'm gonna ground my hu to a bar in the dash first to see if tht fixes the feedback.

Then if its a no go, ill go straight to a batt.

Lmk wats up

Is yours doing the same exact thing mine is? I've never heard of alternator whine just comming out of no where, it's someweird stuff.lol

I was thinking the same I will just run a ground to the batt and see if that's a fix. If not I will ground the rca's. It's raining here soo no glassing today, I guess I'll just do the fun stuff, troubleshooting.lol

I just hooked up an amp on my mids and highs and i'm getting the same thing. Does yours get louder as your rpm's get higher?

Pioneer AVIC F900BT double din

Stinger digital volt meter on dash

1/0 guage power wire positive and negative

Interstate 117ah battery in the back

2 runs 4 guage power wire from rear battery to amp

Power Acoustics Stax 5500

4 Powerbass m-15's(old style)

2 sets o2 5.25 inch components in front

2 Sony 5x7 in back

Sony 500 watt 4 channel

Well it's weird the way the noise comes, if you reread through a couple of my posts you would see, but yes it does get louder when the rpms increase(pretty sure any alt whine will). But the noise is'nt constant it's weird, soo today I will do work.

Tell me how it goes, bassrace.

I'm gonna ground my hu to a bar in the dash first to see if tht fixes the feedback.

Then if its a no go, ill go straight to a batt.

Lmk wats up

Is yours doing the same exact thing mine is? I've never heard of alternator whine just comming out of no where, it's someweird stuff.lol

I was thinking the same I will just run a ground to the batt and see if that's a fix. If not I will ground the rca's. It's raining here soo no glassing today, I guess I'll just do the fun stuff, troubleshooting.lol

I just hooked up an amp on my mids and highs and i'm getting the same thing. Does yours get louder as your rpm's get higher?

145.9@40hz

145.3@34hz

big 3

X2 group 34

Deka Group 31

All 0/1 awg jl meta wire

Alpine CDA 7894

Orion HCCA D5000

2 AQ HDC312's