Which headunit to buy?

So my insurance has settled with me for my truck break in and I'm needing to replace my headunit that was stolen. I HAD a Kenwood DDX896 and it was an eXcelon unit and was badass. I'm wondering if I'd be sacrificing a whole lot going down from the eXcelon to a unit that's still similar as far as a the double din goes. The unit I'm somewhat interested in is the DNX7180 and it comes loaded with NAV. I don't want to lose any adjustiblity like I had with my eXcelon, so I'm not sure it would be a good option or not. I do like the appearance of the unit though. Anyone have any experience with this HU in question?

Im not the one you want to try to troll. Just a fyi for you.

my frst 2din kenwood was a DDx4028BT, and is sitting in my dads Chevrolet Cruze

the unit itself is amazing and it sounds so clean and clear, the eXcelon series but you can add the gps navigation...

and its not that pricey

(personally I am not into kenwoods(had a bad headunit) but my dad loves it a LOT )

Edited by gally

2010 Chevrolet Cruze

Radio --- pioneer mvh-200vbt

Front/back --- alpine type s 6.5"

Sub Control --- Pac LC1

Sub Amp --- GZPA 1.4K

Sub --- GZNW 15XSPL D1

Battery - GZBP 12.2500X

the unit itself is amazing and it sounds so clean and clear, the eXcelon series but you can add the gps navigation...

and its not that pricey

(personally I am not into kenwoods(had a bad headunit) but my dad loves it a LOT )

I won't run anything but Kenwood, because theyre clean and user friendly. I haven't had issues with a double din from them yet. I want something that has a lot of EQ and crossover capability and the eXcelon seems to always have that. The DDX 896 I had was perfect and did everything I'd ever want a HU to do. If I could find a dealer with leftover stock, I'd buy it again.

edit My bad. the dnx7180 shows high voltage 4v outputs. Awesome. Sound quality before anything in my opinion. Get it if it has all the bells and whistles you want. Just make sure it has 4v outputs.

Edited by eaglescorpio1

Loud as f*ck, and sounds good doing it.

Team built from here on out!!!!

BIG things to come.........

Missing link is the shite!!!

SMDMafiaEagleScorpio1.jpg

bannerfans_8aed9634.png

and its not that pricey

I won't run anything but Kenwood, because theyre clean and user friendly. I haven't had issues with a double din from them yet. I want something that has a lot of EQ and crossover capability and the eXcelon seems to always have that. The DDX 896 I had was perfect and did everything I'd ever want a HU to do. If I could find a dealer with leftover stock, I'd buy it again.

ok let slip kenwood aside....

if you were to chose for a HU what would you rather choose

1.Pioneer 3300BT??

or

2.kenwood 4028BT??

im askin beccause im buyin myself a double din

and i cant choose between those two HU´s

2010 Chevrolet Cruze

Sub Control --- Pac LC1

Sub Amp --- GZPA 1.4K

Sub --- GZNW 15XSPL D1

Battery - GZBP 12.2500X

Honestly, my advice. Stick with the excelon. I wont run anything that doesn't have a high voltage output for greater signal to noise ratio. The higher the output voltage, the lower your noise. Don't settle for cheaper. My opinion. My advice.

I'm seriously NOT about cheaper. I dropped 800 bucks on my last HU and I really loved it. Once you've had a badass HU it's probably hard to go down to something that isn't up to par. I have been looking at the DNX9960 and 9980, and one of those will probably make its way into my dash. My DDX896 had 5V outs and i barely had to turn the gain up on either amp. Plus it was a clean unclipped signal all the way to max volume of 35

and its not that pricey

ok let slip kenwood aside....

if you were to chose for a HU what would you rather choose

1.Pioneer 3300BT??

or

2.kenwood 4028BT??

im askin beccause im buyin myself a double din

and i cant choose between those two HU´s

I'm a total Kenwood nuthugger man, and I've never run Pioneer myself. I can't give an honest opinion, because I know what I would choose. If you could put your hands on both units and play with them, I'd see which one you liked better and had more features and was easier to use.

had both...pioneer is easy to use but kenwood has A LOT of features that you really need

but i sold the pioneer...and i wish it back

so i guess im gettin a pioneer again

other than that on pioneer i like the SD card slot

Edited by gally

2010 Chevrolet Cruze

Sub Control --- Pac LC1

Sub Amp --- GZPA 1.4K

Sub --- GZNW 15XSPL D1

Battery - GZBP 12.2500X